Compilatron erased building from existence + campaign progress stuck after cutscene

Things that has been reported already before.
3ICE
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Compilatron erased building from existence + campaign progress stuck after cutscene

Post by 3ICE »

Hi, Two bugs found after the repair_assembler step (hope it's all right to report experimental version bugs here, instead of Re: Friday Facts #306 - Experimental Demo)

If I place a burner mining drill on the iron deposit, Compilatron will delete it in the "automation complete" cutscene that plays (along with my stack of 9 coal inside)

Additionally, since I placed my furnace exactly where the robot needs to then walk to after the cutscene ends, it gets stuck. Fails to set up the delivery chest requesting 50 iron plates. The game becomes stuck and I cannot progress with the tutorial.

Save game:
_autosave-repair-assembler.zip
C:\Users\Daniel3ICE\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves\_autosave-repair-assembler.zip
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
(It's a regular autosave.)

Repro steps:
Load my save in 0.17.62 (latest experimental)
Walk to Compilatron, triggering the cutscene
Observe mining drill deletion :(
Notice no Compilatron chest is spawned, next task is impossible to progress toward

How to fix my save:
Pick up both the furnace and mining drill before triggering the cutscene.
Compilatron will behave normally then.

How to fix the game so these things won't happen:
Don't let Compilatron get stuck on a randomly placed furnace. Move to a nearby point is enough instruction.
Should not be required to move exactly there to a preset X Y coordinate.
Backup plan: If pathing still fails, skip straight to placing the chest. Overwrite any buildings in the way. Teleport to location if necessary.
Oh, and return the deleted items to the player's inventory. During the cutscene too. (I miss my mining drill...)

General comment so far: It's really fun automating those deadend burner inserters so they feed each other and themselves and furnaces and assembly machines too - zero manual refueling needed. Shame they're so quickly replaced by simple electric.
This is my third playthrough of the campaign.

--3ICE

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Compilatron erased building from existence + campaign progress stuck after cutscene

Post by wheybags »

First bug is not a bug, things on top of where compi builds will be deleted, this is intentional.
Second bug is a duplicate of 74087, and already fixed. for the next version.
Thanks for the report anyway!

Return to “Duplicates”