[1.17.49] crash while autosaving

Things that has been reported already before.
Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.17.49] crash while autosaving

Post by Zanostra »

I have no clue what is causing this crash, but I saved the game exactly 1 minute before my current autosafe will be triggered.
I think this way it is easy reproducible because the ingame events will have the same timings.

Steps to reproduce:
1) set your autosave interval to 1 minute
2) download my savegame ( and sync mods with it )
3) play my save and just wait for 1 minute for the autosave to trigger.
factorio-current.log
(60.09 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
017.zip
(21.38 MiB) Downloaded 44 times

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.17.49] crash while autosaving

Post by Zanostra »

I investigated further, and noticed that it makes no difference if saving automated or manual.
Somewhere within the map there are 2 trains colliding, and after that has happened, the game crashes when trying to save.
The collision takes place 8 seconds around opening the above provided savegame. ( counted 8 mississippies )
collision1.png
collision1.png (962.78 KiB) Viewed 602 times
( above picture )
all three signals are circuit controlled,
the signals in front of the green/red train will be red if the circuit-signal-copper > 0.
the signal in front of the green/blue train will be red if metal > 0.
collision2.png
collision2.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 602 times
( above picture )
robots take out the metal and copper fast, and both signals hit zero just a few tics after eachother.
one of the red trains starts driving, and right after that the blue train too.
that happens within 10 tics I assume.
collision3.png
collision3.png (145.26 KiB) Viewed 602 times
this takes place in the red circle on this picture,
to get here in the savegame you can enter the purple train close by and go to the station named: '@ [green-circuit] in' ( fourth in list )

it is possible to avoid the crash by loading the save, immediately open the mapview and mark the 3 trains for deconstruction, and unmark them again.
this will deactivate automatic mode.
then I went over there to build a combinator outputting both metal and copper to ensure the three train signals will be red when activating the trains again.
I put them all three in automatic mode again, and disabled the combinator.
Now just one of them starts to move like they're supposed to do.
So I think it HAS to do something with the fact that the trains reserved that block a few tics after eachother instead of at the exact same tick.

EDIT:

This blueprint is the setup used in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJpapG6olB0
the only mod used is pushbutton.
The red lights indicate that the train signal is hold red by the circuit network.
In this case they are red as long as there are metal or copper plates on the circuitry.
If there is, that combinator subtracts 1 of each every tick.
When pressing either button, the trains are allowed to go.
When pressing the first button, also both metal and copper plates are set to 200.
200 ticks later both train signals may turn green again and 1 train will reserve that block.
With the second button metal plates are set to 200 and copper plates to 250.
So first the blue train can reserve the block, and 50 tics later the red one cannot because that block is occupied.
But with the thirth button metal is set to 200 and copper to 230.
Now the blue train can reserve the block, and 30 ticks later the red one ALSO.
When the trains both have left the block, the signals still think that the block is occupied and stay red forever.
At this point when the game tries to save, automatic or manual, it crashes and terminates.
You can however delete a rail piece and place it back again and the game can be saved normally.

( P.S. if the thirth button doen't cause the collision, try setting copper to 210 instead )

Return to “Duplicates”