[0.17.2] Deleting blueprint book crashes servers

Things that has been reported already before.
Piggu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.2] Deleting blueprint book crashes servers

Post by Piggu »

I hopped on a multiplayer server i used to frequent to steal their blueprint books. I was messing around for a while then decided one of the unloaded blueprint books that I had in my personal "saved books" thing was useless to me and decided to delete it.
The server I was on immediately stopped responding and I was kicked from the game after the loading bar hit the end.
I waited for a while and the server disappeared from the server list. Confused I hopped onto their second server to continue my blueprint book shenanigans. I saw the blueprint book i didn't want was still in my inventory so, without loading it fully, i tried to delete it. The server began to not respond and eventually did the same thing as the 1st server.

What I did:
I attempted to delete an unloaded blueprint book from my personal stash on a server and the server crashed

Steps:
1. Have the "The Complete Belt Series: Yellow, Part 1" blueprint book unloaded in your personal blueprint stash
2. Join a server and without loading the book right click it and click the trash icon
3. profit?

log file:
the server owner is offline so we're kind of waiting to get it from him. I just wanted to make this report because i tend to forget things. When he gets it i'll attach it to the thread

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Deleting blueprint book crashes servers

Post by TruePikachu »

0.17.2 is quite old, and I think some related crashes have been fixed in the meantime.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

- Your version is way too old and way too close to the first experimental. You sure it's 0.17.2?
- Your steps say something about "The Complete Belt Series: Yellow, Part 1" blueprint book yet no save is provided
- log is missing so nothing we can do until we at least have a stack trace

Piggu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Piggu »

I'm ngl. I just did my best making this bug report. The owner of the server made a better version of the report

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70158

Return to “Duplicates”