[0.17.5] Right-side UI squashed

Things that has been reported already before.
BlueBDG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.5] Right-side UI squashed

Post by BlueBDG »

I was playing through the tutorial and ran into a UI issue. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but I noticed it once I started researching Automation. The UI on the right-hand side of the screen is squashed to a tiny width, and the text inside is spread out one or two letters per line.

I tried adjusting the UI scale in the options, and while I was in the options menu the UI looked correct, but when I returned to the game it was squashed again.

I tried quitting and restarting Factorio, but the issue was still there once I loaded the game.

Hardware:
Intel core i5-3330
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Monitor resolution:
2560 x 1440

screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/SWQIU0R

sjzhu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.5] Right-side UI squashed

Post by sjzhu »

Also happening to me while playing the introductory campaign. It started happening to me as I was starting the first research project.

I tried the same thing as the OP, but it reverted upon saving the scaling options.

Monitor resolution is also 2560 x 1440.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/iD9UYSS

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

This happens to me when I load a 0.17.4 campaign save too. I also suddenly had all normal (freeplay) technologies available for research. Seems like something off about migration of campaign saves. As far as I can tell it doesn't apply to new campaigns started in 0.17.5 or, fortunately, freeplay games from 0.17.4。

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Dup 66707

Return to “Duplicates”