[0.17.4] Combinators keep outputting when unpowered

Things that has been reported already before.
Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.4] Combinators keep outputting when unpowered

Post by Zaflis »

Decider and arithmetic combinators shouldn't output anything when they don't have power, but currently they do. Only if you let them have power for a moment while they have an input signal. Then remove power pole and the output remains on.

Reproduction:
First make sure you build in non-powered area. Place for example a constant combinator sending A=100 to decider combinator, which has (Each =/= 0, Output Each input count) which will just pass along A=100 but not yet. Now with power off the output should be empty. Let the combinator "take a sip of energy" by quickly adding a connected powerpole and take it away, output should still show A=100 while the combinator is blinking out of power warning.
decider.png
decider.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1198 times
This bug breaks some power switch related setups, especially the remote control switch.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Combinators keep outputting when unpowered

Post by credomane »

This is by design. They just won't update their output anymore until they receive power again.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Combinators keep outputting when unpowered

Post by Zaflis »

Really? All i wanted to do was toggle a rail signal green while being far away. I can't open UI for constant combinator so power switch was my only hope. But if the power switch toggle can't be carried over to the rail signal, i can't negate the other signal that makes train stop before station. I can't forcefully order train to go somewhere close to me because the signal is red.

Technically when i flick the power switch the rail signal actually does remotely turn green. But when i turn it back off it remains green - forever. No longer controlled by the main signal which was tracking how much ore the storage has.

Return to “Duplicates”