[0.17.x] Game says no update available when there should be?

Things that has been reported already before.
credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.x] Game says no update available when there should be?

Post by credomane »

0.16.51 standalone updated to 0.17.0 just fine [with experimental updates option checked, of course] when 0.17.0 first came out a few days ago. Which caused headaches for a lot of people with the removed beta campaign but that's since resolved and neither here or there. Now, however, I have to manually download the latest release from the site and manually copy folders to update. Today I tried updating a fresh copy of 0.16.51 to 0.17.X.

The update button inside the game just always says "no updates available". Yes, I verified that Options -> Other -> Enable Experimental Updates is still checked. Even tried unchecking just because. No difference.

Poking around where factorio updater gets it's info from seems to show that only factorio version 0.12.10 through 0.16.51 exist and only for linux headless at that.

I doubt this is the right forum to mention this issue since it seems to be a server-side problem and not an issue with the factorio client/updater.
BTW, noticed that https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental now contains the headless downloads too when there is the https://www.factorio.com/download-headless/experimental with the headless downloads. Maybe this recent addition/change unknowningly broken something? I'm grasping as straws :P

[edit]
Tried forums searching and google search but didn't have much luck. I'm sure now that I've posted this I'm gonna find a thread already covering this issue. Closest I've gotten is people on steam wanting to know why they didn't get 0.17.X

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.x] Game says no update available when there should be?

Post by kovarex »

Updater is disabled for now because of problems: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65234

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Game says no update available when there should be?

Post by credomane »

I knew there had to be a thread on this. I remember seeing people talk about that error but I thought it was a botched update zip file that was later fixed. I say that because when I updated later it worked just fine. Thanks for the info. I assume that once this is fixed it will be in the factorio patch notes?

Return to “Duplicates”