[0.17.1] Moving sound settings sliders massively increases CPU Load (Windows Defender?)

Things that has been reported already before.
Tankh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.1] Moving sound settings sliders massively increases CPU Load (Windows Defender?)

Post by Tankh »

Simply and a bit oddly. Pulling any slider in sound settings massively decreases FPS and if you keep doing it for a second or two the game freezes for a bit. It always returned to normal after a few seconds however.

The strange part is that when I check Task Manager, its "Antimalware Service Executable" (Windows Defender) that increases to 50% CPU as soon as I touch the sliders. It's super paranoid about the sound thread or something?

logfile because you said it had to be included :P
factorio-current.log
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Joudoki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.1] Moving sound settings sliders massively increases CPU Load (Windows Defender?)

Post by Joudoki »

I have the same problem, similar symptom. `MsMpEng.exe` CPU utilization shoots up while I'm dragging the volume sliders.

0.17.1 (build 43001, win64, steam)
FactorioMsMpEngMadness.png
FactorioMsMpEngMadness.png (20.14 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.26 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.1] Moving sound settings sliders massively increases CPU Load (Windows Defender?)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is a duplicate and already fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Tankh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tankh »

Technically it was the other one that was a duplicate, but nice to hear =)

Return to “Duplicates”