[0.16.22] Crash when removing splitter after modded loader

Things that has been reported already before.
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.16.22] Crash when removing splitter after modded loader

Post by Deadlock989 »

Searched and can't find anything that looks similar. Mining a modded loader and then immediately afterwards mining a splitter that was facing it crashes the game, but only when in this orientation, not the other three directions:

This is an irregular crash, it doesn't happen 100% of the time, but is more likely to happen the quicker you're moving, with it happening more than 50% of the time if the player is running at full speed and holding down the right mouse button to mine items in sequence. The loader must have been in the "correct" direction, i.e. in input mode, not output. The loaders are a copy of vanilla loaders but altered to be 1x1 tiles, the only substantive changes are to collision box, collision mask, selection box, belt length, belt distance and container distance. Can't reproduce it with vanilla loaders. Can't reproduce it when the arrangement is blueprinted and then rotated by 90, 180, 270. It seems like the splitter hasn't had time to do something crucial (Splitter::disconnectGroundConnections?) if the entities are removed at maximum speed. If you remove each item individually without running and wait between each item removal, the game doesn't crash.

To reproduce: hold down right mouse button just above the loader; start running south; mine the loader; mine the splitter. Problem behaviour: game crashes more than half the time. Expected behaviour: game doesn't crash.

Crash log below, example save attached with a copy of the loader mod.
Crash log

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.22] Crash when removing splitter after modded loader

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
I believe this has been fixed for next release (0.16.23): 56701

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Great. Thanks for super-speedy response.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Deadlock989 wrote:Great. Thanks for super-speedy response.
Only post if necessary but got those crash on other directions (splitter and loader going down like on the image)
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (53.51 KiB) Viewed 1476 times

Return to “Duplicates”