[0.16.16] Blueprint circuit network wires bug

Things that has been reported already before.
S.Valentin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.16] Blueprint circuit network wires bug

Post by S.Valentin »

How to reproduce:
First place and build blueprint "A". Then use blueprint "B" and place it on top of what you made from blueprint "A".
The difference is that blueprint "B" contains circuit network wires.

Result:
When placing blueprint "B" on top of what you made from blueprint "A", the circuit network wires are added without taking any from inventory.

Expected result:
When placing blueprint "B" on top of what you made from blueprint "A", the circuit network wires should be placed as ghosts, not actual wires that work.
Blueprint A
Blueprint B

ejg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] Blueprint circuit network wires bug

Post by ejg »

I think blue prints place all wires for free (both circuit and power). This is intended behaviour I think.

viewtopic.php?t=29014

S.Valentin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by S.Valentin »

ejg wrote:I think blue prints place all wires for free (both circuit and power). This is intended behaviour I think.

viewtopic.php?t=29014
They should implement that, before they want to release the "finished game" (when that will be). It doesn't make any sense to be like this, I mean, you have to spend resources if you want to place wires without a blueprint, and you have to go though the pain of connecting everything, and on the other hand they are free if you use a blueprint, and also they get placed instant?! They are really cheap, but little stuff like this can hurt the game image.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

S.Valentin wrote:
ejg wrote:I think blue prints place all wires for free (both circuit and power). This is intended behaviour I think.

viewtopic.php?t=29014
They should implement that, before they want to release the "finished game" (when that will be). It doesn't make any sense to be like this, I mean, you have to spend resources if you want to place wires without a blueprint, and you have to go though the pain of connecting everything, and on the other hand they are free if you use a blueprint, and also they get placed instant?! They are really cheap, but little stuff like this can hurt the game image.
It's a quality of life issue for players. Imagine needing to manually place wires for a complicated circuit setup you are trying to build without bots. Is that fun or just tedious? (Also if I take your example to extremes, is it reasonable that you can carry 10 locomotives, a couple of nuclear plant, and a dozen tanks in your pockets? Does that also need fixing ?)

Wackerstamfer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wackerstamfer »

It's not a bug, it's a feature 8-)

S.Valentin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by S.Valentin »

It's a quality of life issue for players. Imagine needing to manually place wires for a complicated circuit setup you are trying to build without bots. Is that fun or just tedious? (Also if I take your example to extremes, is it reasonable that you can carry 10 locomotives, a couple of nuclear plant, and a dozen tanks in your pockets? Does that also need fixing ?)
If you really want to go that far, then they should increase the size of the assemblers too, they are to small to assemble a locomotive. :)
And if you would have read everything I wrote, you would have seen this "you have to go though the pain of connecting everything", so I don't like that either. Stuff for "quality of life" are implemented via mods, not bugs ingame. There can be "Official mods" too, not just mods made by customers. A "quality of life" feature was the compression of a belt using underground, which wasn't intended, an was removed with the 0.16 update.
So next time, be more polite. After all, this is a bug that was left ingame, but for a FINISHED GAME (when that will be), they should fix all the bugs, or modify them so they are actually a feature, even if they are a "quality of life" thing.

Return to “Duplicates”