[0.16.15] Inserter ignores circuits in certain situations

Things that has been reported already before.
AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.16.15] Inserter ignores circuits in certain situations

Post by AngledLuffa »

I am unloading several trains at a large train station. One specific train needs an intermediate product in order to do its own manufacturing, so I set the circuit network to allow inserting of red chips if and only if that particular train is there.

What ends up happening when the cargo wagon for red chips is full is the inserters hover over the wagon with some goods in their arm. The next train in gets the red chips, even if the ID is incorrect and the circuit network should have turned off the inserters.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.15] Inserter ignores circuits in certain situations

Post by Drury »

I know exactly what you mean, but it's not a bug. It's just how inserters work, once they grab something they never put it back. Try looking into ways to load trains an exact amount (i.e. turn off all but one inserter when approaching full, then override its stack inserter bonus with a circuit condition according to how many items are left so the whole final stack gets in and the inserter returns empty).

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

Interesting that they tried to fix this and the fix was worse than the original problem. Thanks!

In my case, I've been using one car for incoming goods and another for outgoing, so the easiest solution is to lock the slots and forget about the circuits.

pleegwat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by pleegwat »

I could see having separate circuit conditions for picking up and dropping, though that could be too confusing to put in the main game.

Return to “Duplicates”