[16.12] Items on belt moving relative to each other

Things that has been reported already before.
sckuzzle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[16.12] Items on belt moving relative to each other

Post by sckuzzle »

This bug is particularly noticeable when you have a row of items at full compression. It causes the item at the front of the line to "jump" ahead slightly, reducing the compression of this wave of items. It is difficult to show, so I have included screenshots, a video, and a save file of an otherwise absent map to help diagnose the issue.

It is easiest to see in a gif.
https://gfycat.com/DimWateryAustralianshelduck

Before:

After:

As the third inserter places its item down, you'll notice the leading iron plate "jump" ahead slightly. This causes a belt to lose full compression and makes full compression by inserters impossible when this bug occurs.

A few observations:
-an inserter does not need to be placing an item onto a row of items for this bug to occur (the row of items can be on an otherwise uninteresting stretch of belt)
-The front item can "jump" ahead multiple times in a row, implying that a row of items does not need to be touching
-This only occurs with an item jumping ahead - never lagging behind, and therefor only occurs to the leading item
-While I have not been able to figure out why this bug occurs in a specific location, it nearly always seems to occur in the same location (until you change the timing on the belt)
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 68 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.12] Items on belt moving relative to each other

Post by Koub »

Duplicate of viewtopic.php?t=54693
[Koub] Moving to duplicates

[Edit] D'oh
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Duplicates”