Creating a second new game shows wrong preset

Things that has been reported already before.
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Creating a second new game shows wrong preset

Post by mrvn »

In my case I started with marathon but then saw that it makes the LazyBoy achievement impossible so I started again with the default settings. But to my surprise LazyBoy was still impossible because the tech prices where still at marathon settings.

Start a new game with the marathon preset, generate a map and quit the map. Start a new game. The map generator then shows the default preset selected but in fact it still has the marathon settings. This is confusing. It would also be nice if things like the map seed and size and any other deviating options used last could be displayed correctly, not just what preset was selected.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Creating a second new game shows wrong preset

Post by Loewchen »

Duplicate of: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=45609, I don't understand the conclusion though.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

I think that they mean in both topics; Settings of the last game are remeberd, when starting a new game. Only the GUI, does not show the remeberd settings.(when setting up a game)
So when you start you next game, you end up with other settings, then the GUI showed you when setting up the game.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

exactly

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Loewchen wrote:Duplicate of: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=45609, I don't understand the conclusion though.
Moved the duplicate with a note back to bugs, while moving this to duplicates.

Return to “Duplicates”