[0.15.6] Blueprint not copying station name & route

Things that has been reported already before.
ThaRedstoner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15.6] Blueprint not copying station name & route

Post by ThaRedstoner »

I went into a sandbox scenario, placed down a set of rails and attached a station named "Station A" to the side.
I also placed down a basic roboport setup with some rails and stations in a storage chest, to demonstrate the bug.

I then blueprinted the rails and station, ordering it to be built by construction robots next to the existing one.

I expected this to copy the name I gave to the station in the blueprint, "Station A", and so be a possible station to any routes that would pass by that station's name.
Instead it seems to simply forget the name of the station, and seems to happen every time.
I have also tried this in a normal game, where I first noticed the bug before reproducing it as above.

I have attached the log file for the session where I did this.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Log
(4 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.6] Blueprint not copying station name & route

Post by Loewchen »

That is intentional and has been reported before: 32262

ThaRedstoner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ThaRedstoner »

Loewchen wrote:That is intentional and has been reported before: 32262
Wouldn't it make more sense if you would leave out or somehow reset the name if you specifically didn't want it to be copied.
If you want to blueprint a general purpose machine, you also wipe the settings on any requester chests and assembling machines, so why not give the possibility to wipe the name of a station if you don't want it to stick?

Also looking at shift clicking, also meant to copy and paste settings on a machine like a blueprint would, works just fine with the name.

If names were just for looks then it would be fine, however there's functionality in train schedules tied to the name of the station, which makes it unable to be automated with blueprints.
This makes it incredibly tedious to build when you have to go to a previous station (especially when they're far apart) to copy the configuration with shift-click just to copy the station's name...

Maybe this is worth reconsidering for that and also because even more functionality benefiting from the name being saved in the blueprint have been introduced in 0.15.x?
Last edited by ThaRedstoner on Tue May 02, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I would argue that the number of times I could have used copying names via blueprint is small against the number of times I would specifically not have wanted such a functionality, and since you can copy station names afterwards fast and simple I am personally not missing such a feature at all.
If you want such a feature implemented you should make a development suggestion (after looking if that one already exists).

Return to “Duplicates”