[0.9.8][Performance] Game slowing down to a crawl

Things that has been reported already before.
Drett
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.9.8][Performance] Game slowing down to a crawl

Post by Drett »

I have a save that has 20 hours of play time on it and i has now slowed down to a crawl and it is almost impossible to play let alone fight the aliens
I have have no idea what is the cause of it it just started randomly

I have a video that I took real quick with all the debug options up and some pictures dont know if it helps in anyway (sorry for the size of the pictures)
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2OZvlVct00
Save
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/394 ... 20slow.zip

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.9.8][Performance] Game slowing down to a crawl

Post by Gammro »

I've looked at your savegame for a bit. It's indeed come to a crawl(at 10-15fps on my PC). However, if you open the console( with the ~ key, for most international keyboards), you can use the command

Code: Select all

game.killallenemies()
This kills all biters, and it brought the game back to 60 FPS for me. My guess is that the biters got stuck in pathfinding. After using the command, new biters spawn and start attacking your base, though.

Also, the size and amount of the alien nests is really unusually huge, did you do that in your settings? Because with default settings, there shouldn't be that much.

(I love the island map btw)
Ignore this

Drett
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drett »

Thanks for the help the command worked great if you don't look at the fact that everything I had gets destroyed in seconds after the command

and your question about the size as far as I can remember (I did start playing this three days ago) I used the normal settings as I did not want it to be too hard the first time I played it

thanks for the help :D

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Biter nests like this are usually only found in late game, when you have to travel more than 2 minutes by train. I think you might want to restart to have smaller nests in the early game.
Ignore this

Drett
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drett »

yeah i had a quick look at some other maps and the map i have yeah im alone on a island but the map is more like a ultra hard map when the path finding is not bugged too kingdom come

so lol first game and the map is bugged like hell so yeah i think im going to restart

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Seems as a duplicate of https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =41&t=2183. This should be solved as of 0.10.0.

Return to “Duplicates”