[0.14.5] Continuous Fire and The Eternal Flame

Things that has been reported already before.
MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.14.5] Continuous Fire and The Eternal Flame

Post by MrGrim »

Near one of my walls guarded by flame turrets a biter base had expanded so close that it was continually aggroing new biters from the nearby spawners. This was more amusing than anything, but I noticed that a couple of the flame turrets were firing continuously at a single spot on the ground. I think they were targeting two worms at the very edge of their range, but they couldn't quite fire far enough to actually damage them. So, they just never stopped. By time I discovered this they could have been firing non stop for hours.

So I went up and clear out the base. Once the worms were gone they finally stopped firing. However, the ground remained on fire for an unusually long time. Over the next few hours I checked on it from time to time, and every time the fire was still raging on the two spots where those turrets were firing. I've dubbed them the eternal flames and have come to accept them as a permanent fixture on my map. :D

It seems to me that the turrets forever firing at a stationary target they will never reach and the eternal flames are both probably unintentional. A save of the continuous fire and a save a few hours later with the eternal flames are available here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/969 ... s-fire.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/969 ... -flame.zip

*EDIT*: On the eternal flame save you just need to zoom out a couple of clicks to see them. I saved zoomed in too close.

Also, on both saves if you look closely you can spot the worlds luckiest fish. :D

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.5] Continuous Fire and The Eternal Flame

Post by Loewchen »

Have both been reported before and both deemed not a bug.

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.5] Continuous Fire and The Eternal Flame

Post by MrGrim »

Loewchen wrote:Have both been reported before and both deemed not a bug.
Fair enough... can I get some of this special forever burning grass for my boilers, then? :D

*EDIT*: My eternal flame died... *sniff*

Return to “Duplicates”