[0.13.17]Train signal locking orange

Things that has been reported already before.
Teraka
Inserter
Inserter

[0.13.17]Train signal locking orange

Post by Teraka »

Link to video (deadlock happens around 15s)
Screenshot of the deadlock
Same bug, different instance
I was stress-testing my 4-way intersection, and my trains deadlocked in an unexpected way. You can see the north exit signal being locked on the yellow state even though the train going this way stopped moving. This results in that path being reserved, and that intersection being completely locked. Removing and replacing the north exit signal fixes the deadlock.

Interestingly, all the instances I've had of this bug were with the same signal locking, even though the intersection is symmetrical. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence or a side effect of the way my trains are routed, or if it is relevant to the bug.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.17]Train signal locking orange

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

Looks like some wires got crossed somewhere in the code, the top right signal becomes reserved by error or out of sequence

Yttrium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yttrium »

This is not a bug, This is a design flaw. Only use regular signals at the end of a junction. Not at the start
Looks like some wires got crossed somewhere in the code, the top right signal becomes reserved by error or out of sequence
Are you sure?

Teraka
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Teraka »

Yttrium wrote:This is not a bug, This is a design flaw. Only use regular signals at the end of a junction. Not at the start
The intersection ran flawlessly for 40 minutes before locking when I tried recording the bug. It's not a design problem.

Regardless of the position and type of my signals, a yellow signal means a train is incoming. If a signal is yellow but the train reserving it isn't moving, then it's a bug.

Yttrium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yttrium »

Teraka wrote:
Yttrium wrote:This is not a bug, This is a design flaw. Only use regular signals at the end of a junction. Not at the start
The intersection ran flawlessly for 40 minutes before locking when I tried recording the bug. It's not a design problem.

Regardless of the position and type of my signals, a yellow signal means a train is incoming. If a signal is yellow but the train reserving it isn't moving, then it's a bug.
You're right, it's a bug. I assumed it was a design flaw because of the normal signals at the beginning. They are not necessary as trains will always consume that same block.

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

If you are able to reproduce deadlock on your crossing, please provide the savegame. Preferably before the deadlock around the start of your video. It will help developers to track down the issue.

Return to “Duplicates”