attacking biters freeze (inside Laser range) v0.9.8

Things that has been reported already before.
Dark_star
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

attacking biters freeze (inside Laser range) v0.9.8

Post by Dark_star »

from at least 0.9.5 to now 0.9.8
Problem 1. biters when faced with vast fire power/walls, they charge then stop (freeze is better word), But are still within laser range and get killed far too easily.
They should run away and wait for more baiters or circle to left/right (if that does not work then run away)
Problem 2. Late game, when getting alien artifacts, after using blue print to laying down 32 laser turrets level 4(32xLT4) and single wall, against the biters village.
The biters just freeze in village, but keep spawning until so jam up they cannot move, easily killed
a few biters do break free and attack or at least until 90% have been kill freeing last to charge.
This might be related to the bug report "biters seem to get 'stuck in open ground"
(without really knowing) might be related to biters attack logic ( what to attack)
could it be in an effort to avoid over loading game i.e. biter stop if success not possible cause them freeze (just a guess)
also It seem the bitter get pretty passive away from pollution.

Thanks for this great game in the making (so many possibilities, so little time)

TNSe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: attacking biters freeze (inside Laser range) v0.9.8

Post by TNSe »

I believe this is related to this: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =41&t=1946

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: attacking biters freeze (inside Laser range) v0.9.8

Post by cube »

I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Return to “Duplicates”