[0.13.15] Train not moving when chain signal switches to fre

Things that has been reported already before.
mknejp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.15] Train not moving when chain signal switches to fre

Post by mknejp »

I have the following setup:
signals1.PNG
signals1.PNG (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1255 times
Both stations have the same name and are supposed to be a shared drop-off location. At first sight this works fine and trains always go to the nearest free station. However if all stations are occupied the waiting train will not proceed when the chain signal switches from red to blue as shown below:
signals2.PNG
signals2.PNG (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1255 times
The train is locked onto the lower station and It takes somewhere between 20-30 seconds for the train to realize it can take the upper path. I would have expected a train to re-evaluate its path if the chain signal it is waiting at switches from red to blue but the path it is trying to take is still blocked. This may or may not be related to viewtopic.php?f=47&t=30613 and viewtopic.php?f=173&t=27740 but those all used circuit/logistics networks to change signals, whereas this setup does not so that might be an important difference.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.15] Train not moving when chain signal switches to fre

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report, this will be added to the 'stuff to fix with trains' list for 0.14

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.15] Train not moving when chain signal switches to fre

Post by Loewchen »

Duplicate of: viewtopic.php?f=173&t=21603
Edit: Can't be sure but I think it is actually this one: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14748

Return to “Duplicates”