[0.13.10-11] Can't install mods with in-game modmanager

Things that has been reported already before.
banana_pineapple
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.13.10-11] Can't install mods with in-game modmanager

Post by banana_pineapple »

After update to 0.13.10 I can't install mods. It's always a notification "download failed". I still can install mods manually, so it's not a big problem, but it's a problem)

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.13.10-11] Can't install mods with in-game modmanager

Post by HanziQ »

Please post the log file.

banana_pineapple
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by banana_pineapple »

uploaded
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.98 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

I can confirm. Mods are highlighted when they need updating, however when clicking "update mods", the progress bar doesn't move and then after a few seconds a notice says "Download Failed".
https://i.imgur.com/Yl2KDkM.jpg

I can not install new mods either.
https://i.imgur.com/z0Cdyv0.jpg

Log:
factorio-current.log
(18.51 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Things to note:
  • I am using the Windows 64x Zip version from factorio.com
  • I have 60 mods
  • As opposed to the thread linked by Compboy, this always happens, and is not a one-time download rejection.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

i seem to have the same problem as everybody else :-(

after a fresh install of the zipped version, it just took me 2 hours to download 20 mods. sometimes i could download 5 in a row without problem, then it took 30 attempts for one mod (sometimes only retrying the download, sometimes also having to refresh the list since the mod portal couldn't be reached).

and i will NOT publicly post the logfile since it contains private data: since i bought the game on steam, i linked a new account to my steam account and thus have a username (my email address) that i don't wish to be spread publicly on the internet

edit: maybe the following should be in some "feature request / suggestion" thread

in general, the ingame mod download system looks pretty "pre-alpha" to me :-(
- the list of mods has "not a lot" of info about the mods,
- there are no clickable links to the mod's webpage,
- even to show the short summary, it takes quite a while to download those few lines (can't these short descriptions be downloaded together with the other info in the mod list and then be displayed instantly when clicking a line)
- while doing any requests (for mod info, for the complete list, or for downloading) which take more than only a few seconds, users get no confirmation whether and what is happening
- it looks to me as if the complete list is downloaded again and again after any request for details, download, etc, and thus increases traffic as well as the probability to get connection problems and fails
- when it couldn't connect to the portal, i see that there should be FOUR columns (name, version, downloads, last updated), but when i get the list, it only shows the first three of them, while i would find the "last updated" to be most important (oc, besides the mod's name:-), eg for sorting the list
- when the list is sorted alphabetically, sorting order is not determined by the shown names, eg "Tangerine Music Labs - Ambient ..." is shown between "Alternate..." and "AmmoBox", "RunningFaster" between "Faster" and "Filtered", and "Basic Starting Equipment" between "Military..." and "Mining..."
- dependencies are not shown when selecting a download (or even better, all dependencies could automatically be downloaded too)
- i can't see whether i already have downloaded (hehe, downloaded successfully :-) some mod in the list without trying to download it again and only then get the message "already installed". it would be nice to have color codes or two checkmarks in the list to show which mods are already downloaded and which are also enabled

when i had heard of an ingame portal for the first time, i had imagined something like an ingame version of the mod portal website. but as it looks now, i barely can use it because of the connection issues as well as because i have to go to the portal website anyway to search for mods, look at their descriptions, etc.
we'll see how the ingame portal evolves from its current state to a beautiful tool which matches a beautiful game (that's still named alpha but is already better than most updates of big companies' release versions)

Return to “Duplicates”