[0.13.6, 0.13.8] stuck straight rail segment

Things that has been reported already before.
nyghtwulf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.13.6, 0.13.8] stuck straight rail segment

Post by nyghtwulf »

I've got a bit of straight rail in my save that can't be mined. when I attempt to place a train or cargo wagon on it, factorio crashes.

I've tried using

Code: Select all

/c game.player.selected.destroy()
to remove the track, but that appears to fail (command runs, rail section remains, no error output.)

I've removed mods and the crash still happens. Mods in use are FARL, blueprint-string, color-coding and YARM, all latest versions as far as the modportal shows.

I did find this forum post viewtopic.php?f=49&t=27169&hilit=unmineable+rail however I can't recall if this particular segment of rail was built before .13 or after nor do I have access to a .12.x copy of the save anymore. I believe I started with game version .12.33, possibly .12.34

Attached is the logs of the crash with and without mods, and the save file itself can be gotten here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/182 ... ugtest.zip The rail segment that is causing the problem is directly left of the the player position on start.
Attachments
broken_rail_nomods.txt
(8.92 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
broken_rail_mods.txt
(9.84 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.6, 0.13.8] stuck straight rail segment

Post by Rseding91 »

Most likely it was just messed up with the bugs in the early versions of 0.13.

If you can reproduce the issue with a save loaded from 0.12 in the latest 0.13.8 then please make a new bug report. Otherwise the save may simply be corrupt because of the rail issues.

You can try running this command on the rail:

/c game.player.selected.fix_rail()
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

nyghtwulf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.13.6, 0.13.8] stuck straight rail segment

Post by nyghtwulf »

Rseding91 wrote: You can try running this command on the rail:

/c game.player.selected.fix_rail()
Running this changed the rail to mineable, and I was able to hand-destroy it. I then placed a few rail back in the area and placed a train and cargo wagon, and removed then once again. All appears well! :D

Return to “Duplicates”