[0.13.8] Inserter speed difference depending on direction

Things that has been reported already before.
jonatkins
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.8] Inserter speed difference depending on direction

Post by jonatkins »

Inserters transfer items from chests to belts at different speeds when facing different directions.

I filled four wooden chests with 800 iron ore each, then set up inserters to unload onto belts in each of the four directions. Finally I placed a substation to power all the inserters at exactly the same time. Indicator lights were connected to the chests to show when they were empty.
inserter-speed-bug.png
inserter-speed-bug.png (678.35 KiB) Viewed 905 times
In the screenshot, you can clearly see the difference between top and bottom building up on the upper belt.

With both stack inserters and fast inserters, unloading to the left/right was always faster than unloading to the top/bottom. Also, stack inserters unloading to the bottom were faster than to the top, but (oddly) this difference was far smaller when using fast inserters.

Other inserter types have not been tested, but I imagine it would be similar,

First noticed in 0.13.6 (I never looked closely before), and only had a chance to compare timings after 0.13.8 was released.

jonatkins
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.13.8] Inserter speed difference depending on direction

Post by jonatkins »

As a comparison, I tried fast inserters on 0.12.35

Fast inserters both down and to the right were the same speed, but unloading up was slower by several percent - so it's not completely a new issue in 0.13.x

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.8] Inserter speed difference depending on direction

Post by Rseding91 »

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9141 yes it's not a new issue. Just not one we care to put any time towards right now.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Duplicates”