[0.12.29] Power lines don't draw when zoomed in

Things that has been reported already before.
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.29] Power lines don't draw when zoomed in

Post by JasonC »

When zoomed in too far, electric and circuit wires between large power poles do not draw:

The image on the left is zoomed out, the right side is zoomed in on that same location. The wires do not appear on the right.

To recreate, create two large electric poles connected with a wire, stand between them, then zoom in. Or zoom in and walk between them, there will be an area in the middle where the wires disappear.

I assume this is because objects that are too far off screen are not processed when drawing the screen, and so when both large electric poles on either end of a wire are too far off screen, they aren't drawn, and neither are the wires between them. Perhaps the distance threshold for not drawing large electric poles should be increased to half the max wire length off screen.

My screen size is 1440x900 and I am running the game full screen at "normal" graphics quality.

I think this is a minor issue.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.29] Power lines don't draw when zoomed in

Post by TruePikachu »

Can confirm, never bothered to actually report it. Your assumption as to the cause is most likely correct.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.29] Power lines don't draw when zoomed in

Post by kovarex »

I'm aware of this, but I believe it is not worth fixing.

Return to “Duplicates”