[0.8.8] - Mac 10.9 strange graphics.

Things that has been reported already before.
rindek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.8.8] - Mac 10.9 strange graphics.

Post by rindek »

Hey,

Just downloaded fresh version for mac, started game, yet trees/doodads seem to have parts of graphics that shouldn't have. After placing / picking up furnance this strange chunk of graphic appeard and was following my mouse: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s311/sh/ ... 37e423a5d2

Also, the Biter Spawner animation seems to have some strange additional graphics.

This happens with multisampling disabled. Enabling multisampling seems to resolve this issue.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.8.8] - Mac 10.9 strange graphics.

Post by MF- »

My guess is those could be (mis-rendered) clouds.
Can you try turning off clouds in the menu to check?

immerhungrig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by immerhungrig »

I had the same problem try to turn on the low-graphics mode.

rindek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rindek »

Like I said, Enabling multisampling resolves this issue, though its still a bug, if it ever happens :-)

panther
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by panther »

I've tried many times and I can tell you that enabling/disabling multisampling and high/low graphics don't solve this problem. It appears randomly - e.g. I can start the game 3 times with bad textures and the 4th time will be good, and that is when I'll play it.

What I have noticed though, is the more mods you have enabled (I have F-mod and DyTech), the more tries it takes to load with proper textures. So, my guess is that it fails to load so many textures on startup because of some time-out or memory limit. More textures to load - bigger chance to screw up.
Also, this might be a coincidence, but when I'm talking on Skype, the probability of screwed textures seems to be bigger.

I have MacBook Pro Early 2011 (i5 2.4, 8G RAM, Intel HD3000, OSX 10.9.1).

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

This is connected to the usage of video memory. Something we should really look into soon. The problem is that when other applications are using the video memory, then Factorio doesn't get the whole lot and strange things start to happen. To me this happens now and then when I alt - tab to safari during Factorio load / run.

Return to “Duplicates”