[0.12.2] Inserter "North" slower then other directions

Things that has been reported already before.
laige
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.2] Inserter "North" slower then other directions

Post by laige »

I'm playing on 0.12.2

Inserter that is "placing" to the north is slower then the rest.

I was experimenting with seeing if an item on a belt over top of a floor tile gets a speed buff. (They don't) And happened upon this bug.

1st Experiment
I started with two belts next to each other going east to west. The northern belt had concrete placed below it. then had inserters place wood(its square and easy to tell position) onto the belts. At the end they would be picked up and placed into chest. Visually i was looking to see the difference between the two belts and gap between items on the belt to gauge speed differential. I was starting to believe there was a noticeable difference, but then I noticed the inserters did not look synchronized any longer. I reattempted the experiment a few times and each time the inserters would desync.

2nd Experiment
I made a new experiment to see the speed of inserters for each direction pulling from chests into other chest. I found that not only did the "north placing" inserter visually desync from the others, but item placement was slower as well. The north placing inserter was in fact slower. All items were going from chest to chest. The inserter pulling from a south chest and placing in the north chest had fewer items transferred. All the other inserters the same number items transferred.

3rd Experiment
For my experiments i was using basic inserters but this time I would change them out for burner inserters and reconfigure things to fit this type of inserter. The burner inserters had the same result, the one placing the item to the north was slower. So now I believe that the type of inserter is not a factor.

Clarification: I use the term "placing" which is meaning the end point of the item as in where the item is ending up after being interacted with by the inserter. The opposite term "pulling" meaning where the item started at before being interacted with by the inserter. And so the Inserter that is "placing" to the north is slower then the rest.

PHEW... I hope I explained this so that its easy to understand.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.2] Inserter "North" slower then other directions

Post by prg »

Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Return to “Duplicates”