[1.1.104] Logitech RGB Sync does not automatically turn on after tabbing out and in

Things that has been reported already before.
YumYumFisch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.104] Logitech RGB Sync does not automatically turn on after tabbing out and in

Post by YumYumFisch »

After switching to a Logitech G512 Carbon Keyboard i can now enjoy the RGB Sync (during Loading, Combat and as a research indicator).

However, when i tab out of the game (for example into Discord or any other application) Logitech G Hub takes over and displays my regular RGB profile.
When i tab back into Factorio, the RGB of the keyboard turns completely off, so there is no backlight at all.
The expected behaviour would be to display the corresponding backlight, which would be the factorio orange/brown colour.

It only turns back on automatically when the RGB state changes, so for example if:
- I take damage or heal
- I load a different save file
- Research finishes ([T]-Key flashes)

There is a workaround which can be used:
After tabbing out and in, the RGB sync can be forced to update by toggeling the research screen. (Because this would stop the [T]-Key from flashing)
This works even if no research has been finished, so it works every time.
Therefore the workaround is to double-tap [T] after tabbing into the game.

Proposed fix:
The game could detect that the application focus changed to Factorio and refresh the RGB sync.
Alternatively, the RGB sync could be refreshed at a fixed interval, even if no update would be necessary.

For reference, a game which handles this just fine is Battlefield 2042, even if it is just displaying a single colour backlight (like Factorio most of the time).

YumYumFisch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.104] Logitech RGB Sync does not automatically turn on after tabbing out and in

Post by YumYumFisch »

To clarify, this is not new in 1.1.104.
I noticed this behaviour in past versions too.

Return to “Duplicates”