[1.1.91] construction bots struggle with landfill

Things that has been reported already before.
fidek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.91] construction bots struggle with landfill

Post by fidek »

Hi there!

I'm experiencing very weird behavior of construction bots in my game. Construction bots in my network for some reason don't place landfill but only in some places despite everything being in their range. See first screenshot:
You can also see that there's lot of landfill available in the network.

I did make sure everything is in range, yet still they don't build:

I have tried removing landfill ghosts and placing them again to no avail.

Surprisingly enough as I start adding more rows north some of them are filled with landfill properly what can also be seen in the first screenshot.
As you can also see on the first screenshot all construction bots are available so it's not that they are busy with something. I have been also waiting for quite long without assigning the bots in that network any other job to make sure they are not charging.
First part of landfilling that big lake went fine, no problem, only recently bots started leaving empty spaces they cannot fill.
When I moved my landfill spidertrons nearby they were able to build those missing pieces without any problem so it's only the network not working properly.
I do play with mods but only QoL. First thing I checked was rerunning the savegame vanilla to see if this is related to any mod but again, the problem still persists.
I'm willing to check any suggestions but I'm out of ideas of what can be wrong here. I think I checked everything I could.

I am attaching the logs (see below) and also a savegame for repro: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A0dWA4 ... share_link (175MB)
Once the game loads you're already in the problematic spot. I left one storage chest right next to the player so that it's easier to check network storage (to make sure landfill is there).
Landfill spidertrons are right below (green ones) and they can be commanded with green remote in the quickbar to make sure ghosts are placed correctly (spiders will build them).
Let me know if you have any questions or ideas.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Xoriun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.91] construction bots struggle with landfill

Post by Xoriun »

Remove the more than 1 million (!!!) ghosted landfill south of the west solar field and north of the east solar field and bots will work again.
The game has to iterate over all ghost tiles and doing so with 1 million takes so long (I guess 1 per tick if they are out of roboport range, so almost 2 full days for one single iteration) that it seems like bots won't do anything.

fidek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.91] construction bots struggle with landfill

Post by fidek »

Xoriun wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:19 pm
Remove the more than 1 million (!!!) ghosted landfill south of the west solar field and north of the east solar field and bots will work again.
The game has to iterate over all ghost tiles and doing so with 1 million takes so long (I guess 1 per tick if they are out of roboport range, so almost 2 full days for one single iteration) that it seems like bots won't do anything.
Oh... I was pretty sure it only iterates what's in range of any network. Also this problem somehow doesn't exist for landfill spidertrons, they start building immediately when they get in range and it's still the same 1M+ ghost landfills.
Anyway I gave it a shot and it seems like it helped. Removing some of the ghosts already made the bots build part of what they couldn't build before. That must the reason why Nilaus was only placing landfill ghosts for a single row/column when extending his megabase :)

Thanks a lot, somehow I never had that problem before even though I was ghost landfilling entire lakes at once but was always building them with spidertrons so it was never an issue before.

Now the question is how do I effectively remove all such ghosts? I can't do filtered Alt-D on entire map because it only removes the ghosts which are in radar range and those on lakes obviously are not. Any ideas?

Update: figured it out with Editor Extensions mod
Loewchen wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:18 am
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28675
That's a handy tool, thanks!

Return to “Duplicates”