[1.1.57] Blueprint select new contents: Cancel saves changes

Things that has been reported already before.
SophieFitz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.57] Blueprint select new contents: Cancel saves changes

Post by SophieFitz »

When selecting new contents for a blueprint, after selecting the contents and being taken back to the preview screen, if you then press Cancel the changes are still saved. Not the expected behaviour in my view. If you press Cancel it should ignore the changes. This is problematic as you could accidentally overwrite a blueprint in your library, thinking you'd cancelled it with Esc. Making backups of the library to circumvent this issue seems totally redundant as you would have to make a new backup every time you wished to update any blueprint!

I have included the logfile, and a link to a Youtube clip demonstrating the issue. The clip shows the issue in both the player's inventory and the blueprint library.

If you need a savefile I can upload one, but it really is a case of recreating the issue with any blueprint (in or outside of the library) in any savegame.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkONeTQ1vJ4
Log file:
factorio-current.log
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.57] Blueprint select new contents: Cancel saves changes

Post by robot256 »

This is a common problem. Since the engine cannot be made to do what the user interface implies (that cancelling is an option), then changing the user interface would seem to be the solution.

For example, make it a two-step process. First click to clear the blueprint (caption: "Clear blueprint - cannot be undone"), then click to select the new contents for the now-empty blueprint. Also have the Cancel button be disabled out when there are no changes that can be undone by pressing it.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.57] Blueprint select new contents: Cancel saves changes

Post by FuryoftheStars »

robot256 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 3:26 pm
This is a common problem. Since the engine cannot be made to do what the user interface implies (that cancelling is an option), then changing the user interface would seem to be the solution.

For example, make it a two-step process. First click to clear the blueprint (caption: "Clear blueprint - cannot be undone"), then click to select the new contents for the now-empty blueprint. Also have the Cancel button be disabled out when there are no changes that can be undone by pressing it.
I fully agree with this.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Duplicates”