[1.1.104] Confirm Window mouse keybind does not save new blueprint name

Things that has been reported already before.
abognasar6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.104] Confirm Window mouse keybind does not save new blueprint name

Post by abognasar6 »

I've bound my secondary 'Confirm Window' to the fourth mouse button. (The back button.)
However I noticed that using this button I am unable to save a new blueprint name, the text box closes as if I pressed escape.
I would expect the keybind for 'Confirm Window' would also confirm this new name.

Tough I do recognise binding mouse buttons may lead to unexpected results, I do believe the M4&M5 buttons are fair game to be rebound.

How to reproduce:
  1. Open Factorio and head to the Controls settings
  2. Bind mouse button 4 or 5 to 'Confirm Window'
  3. Confirm changes and load a save
  4. Create a blueprint or open an existing one to enter the BP editor
  5. Click on the name change button
  6. Type a new name
  7. Click Mouse Button 4 (or 5 if bound to that)
  8. The text box closes, as if you pressed escape

The log file, and also the config file in case it is relevant.:
factorio-current.log
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
config.ini
(45.74 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

If needed I can also create/upload a short video clip, though I didn't think it necessary at the moment.

abognasar6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.104] Confirm Window mouse keybind does not save new blueprint name

Post by abognasar6 »

Thanks for the link @Loewchen if I had found it I might have worded things a bit different.
What's spoken about in that thread is a new name not being saved while bypassing the save for the name.

If I were to put it into steps, that topic is expecting the new name saved with.:
  1. Click name edit
  2. Type new name
  3. Press save on the BP, to save as it is currently configured (with the new name still in limbo as it were)

Wheras with the keybind it is more like.:
  1. Click name edit
  2. Type new name
  3. Keybind Confirm Window to save the new name (which right now acts as a cancel rather than a save/confirm)
  4. Keybind Confirm Window to save the BP as currently configured

I've also made a video to hopefully show it better.:
Factorio BluePrint Name Save.mp4
(17.24 MiB) Downloaded 6 times

I'd also like to give some extra general context why I'm asking for this.
I like to use the icons within BP names, and use the mouse to operate that icon picker. Then once done, it is natural to use my thumb to confirm, instead of having to move the mouse to the name confirm button which is small and requires some effort to hit.
(The name change button icon also does not change to indicate that it now has name save capabilities; and there is no way to cancel a name change with the mouse afaik; tough that is beside my original request.)

But in the end, it all comes down to concistency, it works for entering new train station names, why not for BP's?

Return to “Duplicates”