Unable to use steam as a train wait condition

Things that has been reported already before.
teemu
Inserter
Inserter

Unable to use steam as a train wait condition

Post by teemu »

In 0.15 you can now use fluid wagon contents as a wait condition. However, steam is not listed there, so if the train has a fluid wagon with steam, you cannot use the steam as a wait condition. There also is no steam signal, so train stops cannot output the steam data either.

edit: hmm nevermind. Looks like it's outputted as water? I'm blind.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Unable to use steam as a train wait condition

Post by Rseding91 »

Steam is actually just water > a specific temperature rendered with a different icon and name.

There are plans to make it its own fluid but for now that's what it is :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Unable to use steam as a train wait condition

Post by MeduSalem »

Rseding91 wrote:There are plans to make it its own fluid but for now that's what it is :)
Please don't... :D

I've set up a hybrid power plant (Boilers+Nuclear):
power plant
So basically I'm able to switch between cold water and pre-heated water for the Heat Exchangers.

That probably wouldn't work anymore if Water and Steam would be considered different fluids... because of the fluid collision problem (which seriously needs to be addressed at some point because it's a pain in the ass in some other applications as well).

So my suggestion is that it should stay one fluid but make it so that you can have a Steam signal... which checks for water with a temperature above 165 Degree, while the regular water signal only outputs stuff that is below 165 Degree... that is... if it's possible to implement it in such a way.

Return to “Duplicates”