[0.15] Crash on startup

Things that has been reported already before.
XGeoCookieX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15] Crash on startup

Post by XGeoCookieX »

My friend cannot launch any version of factorio 1.5 through steam. It just doesn't open at all. It says running in steam and it disappears and nothing happens. The exe is still present and when running factorio.exe the same thing happens. Funny thing is, any version before 1.5 works fine. I'll include the log file, thanks for any help.
factorio-current.log
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15] Crash on startup

Post by Loewchen »

The log is old and shows no crash. I assume its one of those already reported issues with no log creation (AV conflict).

Biblicalflood
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Biblicalflood »

I'm having the same problem with the steam version. Not an actual crash, but the game won't start. Clicking launch on steam shows "Factorio [0.15.x] Running..." Windows task manager processes tab shows factorio.exe appear, several seconds later it will vanish and "Running..." will go away. Report generated looks like the game starts normally and exits normally, but the game never opens a window.
factorio-current.log
Steam, never opened window
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
EDIT-3: Log contains "Factorio 0.14.23" but was generated by running the file steam downloaded this morning. EXE file claims to be 0.15.2 in properties
EDIT-4: It may be that 0.15.2 is not generating a log from the steam version. The above log appeared when I ran 0.15.2 from steam, but may have appeared as a result of steam sync. After disabling sync, no logs from attempting to run the steam version appear.

EDIT: Going away from experimental back to 0.14 the game will run fine.
EDIT-2: Zip bundled version of 0.15.2 runs normally. Added working version log file, hopefully something is different between them that will help diagnose.
factorio-current.log
Non-Steam ran normally
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Attachments
properties of steam downloaded exe
properties of steam downloaded exe
factorio bug.png (126.4 KiB) Viewed 3992 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, there is larger thread about issues with the same symptomps. In general it is either antivirus software blocking Factorio for some reason, or crash caused by some third party software that hooks to Factorio (for example some overlays)
See: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44699

Return to “Duplicates”