Graphic problems?? Read this!

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Graphic problems?? Read this!

Post by ssilk »

There are known issues with the graphics-card, especially on MacOS.

So, please, before you post a bug-report, please test, if you can turn on the low-resolution option!

If you cannot turn it on within the game (because of the graphic problem), then you need to turn it on in the config-file. To do so, open the config.ini in yourfactoriofolder/config (see https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... _Directory where to find it ) with some text-editor and set

Code: Select all

low-graphics=true
(it is near the bottom).

The issue is, that the Factorio graphic needs a lot of graphic card memory. 512 MiB is the minimum; for some mods, especially DyTech 1 GiB and more is needed. The low-resolution switch (under options/graphic) reduces the resolution of all the bitplanes and makes the game playable on smaller computers. Under normal circumstances,this option is turned on automatically, but especially under MacOS this fails sometimes. This is part of further development and needs to be researched by the Allegro developers (the graphics-lib that Factorio uses). Please keep in mind, that Factorio is still in alpha-state.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Graphic problems?? Read this!

Post by infinitehubgear »

It seems 0.11.x has new graphics settings: "graphics-quality=very-low" or "graphics-quality=low".
I assume it does't conflict with the old settings.

Also if that doesn't help then try adding the line "max-texture-size=4096" to the [graphics] section in config/config.ini. Credit to chlue.

Accan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Accan »

Confirmed thats what i used, even tried adding the line Max-texture-size <value> aswell

note :
Yesterday i installed 10.12 and got the same errors but after i copy-pasted the zip install over the exe install it started whitout any problems

tried the same on 11.12 but that dosent work

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

This seems to be obsolete, so I moved it to resolved.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”