[0.12.0] Science research is lossy

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
kosievdmerwe
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.0] Science research is lossy

Post by kosievdmerwe »

I researched turrets and then automation using one science lab. I added 20 science packs over a period (since I made them by hand) and then I ended up in state where my research isn't completed. If I add another science pack then the research instantly completes.

To explain more: this seems like the floating point numbers adding up to a value slightly less than 1 whereas the real number values would add up to exactly one.

Attached is a save file where this is happening. Just add the science packs in the inventory and the research instantly completes.
Attachments
sciencebug.zip
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 202 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.0] Science research is lossy

Post by Rseding91 »

This is a known issue that we didn't think would be too big of a problem. As you said adding the additional 1 science pack instantly completes the research.

It is however still a bug so for now I'm going to move this to known issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

I can more than confirm this, as I built two science labs and 60 Science Pack I and then researched Automation, Logistics, Steel Processing and Optics and the labs have run out of Science Pack Is without completing the research. There is just a sliver, if that, of uncompleted research in the bar. It's no great effort to make one extra SP1, but you know how it is...something either works right or it doesn't.

P.S.: This is in 0.12.3 that it is still happening.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

It beats the amount of science packs we used to lose with the old system. :p

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Wasn't this already fix? When i start new game i always make initial research with manually crafted science packs and when it said 40 it always used 40.

Return to “Minor issues”