[MOD 0.9.x] Anti-Pollution-Mod v0.2.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.9.x] Anti-Pollution-Mod v0.2.0

Post by drs9999 »

Description:
This mod adds an air-filter to the game that can be used to decrease the amount of pollution around your factory.
It produces toxic-waste which can be used to craft poison-capsules, poison-land-mines and sulfuric acid later on.

Note:
It is recommended to use your solar-arrays to power the device, otherwise the gain is too small.

Installation:
Just put the downloaded *.zip file into the mods-folder

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v0.2.0:
- added recipe for poison-land-mines
- added recipe for waste to sulfuric acid
- destroying (not mining) a container that contains toxic waste will produce pollution

v0.1.0:
- initial release

Download:
DL- link with ads to support me:
http://adf.ly/e5sIg

DL-link with no ads:
http://adf.ly/e5sUu

Enjoy!
Last edited by drs9999 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] Anti-Pollution-Mod v0.1.0

Post by sparr »

I like this idea, especially with it producing something useful.

You might also consider basing it on the chemical plant and having it require water as an input.

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Deathmage »

Maybe also creating dry ice? (cooling CO2)

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Yes I thought about water as an ingredient, but I then decide not to do it, because in the end water is for free (apart from the initial building-costs for pump and pipe) so compared to the actual implementation the only difference is that the player have to place another (maybe annoying) pipe through his base.
But maybe some other ingredients, like coal(-dust)?

@Deathmage
It produces CO2 already, but it is released directly into the enviroment :D
Just kidding, any ideas for dry ice uses? The point is that I want to avoid situations where you sit on tons and tons of useless stuff.

Anyway it is just 0.1.0 - there is plenty of room for improvements and expansion. Suggestions are always welcome!

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

does it also reduce the evolution factor of mobs?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

LoSboccacc wrote:does it also reduce the evolution factor of mobs?
Not directly, but indirectly.

The evolutionfactor increases with every 1k units of pollution, so less pollution means less increase

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

There's just a minor bug -- the technology name has no locale.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Derp, the research was just a placeholder before I remembered how to modify existing research.

The air filter is unlocked with the modules-research and the toxic-waste -> poison-capsule is unlocked with military 3

immerhungrig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by immerhungrig »

I like it to have a factory without pollution :D, but I've no use for the big amounts of toxic waste... I need a way to "delete" or use this stuff.

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

immerhungrig wrote:I like it to have a factory without pollution :D, but I've no use for the big amounts of toxic waste... I need a way to "delete" or use this stuff.
I think that's the point.

Feature idea: Destroying a container containing toxic waste produces a huge amount of pollution.

Coolthulhu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Coolthulhu »

In real life you'd have landfills or large tanks filled with the waste. In case of the less common more active substances (radioactive waste), it would be moved back underground.

I kinda like the idea of having the added logistics of waste disposal, though at the current point mods are more of a workaround than a proper fix.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

immerhungrig wrote:I like it to have a factory without pollution :D, but I've no use for the big amounts of toxic waste... I need a way to "delete" or use this stuff.
First I thought the waste -> poison-capsule would be enough, but after starting a new game, I agree that the filters produce a lot of waste. It is similar to solid-fuel in 0.9.0 you sit on a huge amount of stuff that you cannot use. Which sucks.
I guess lowering the production-rate of waste is a good first step.
A disposal aka garbage dump is another solution, but for me it just feels like a workaround. I would prefer other use(s) for waste (any ideas?).

@immibis
I like the idea and it just requiere a few lines of code. => Will be done.

P.S just got the following idea:
  • 1) Adding a garbage dump that SLOWLY destroys items, but produces pollution which amount depends of the number of items it contains.
  • 2) Adding recipe for poison-land-mines
Biters are attracted by pollution, so:
1) + 2) + Roboport = BiterGraveyard + Ressourcesink for waste

What do you think?

Coolthulhu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Coolthulhu »

Poison capsules produced from waste should release pollution back somehow.
It doesn't really make sense that you can distill pollution into poison capsules that are pollution-free and can't just distill it to the poison inside capsules without encapsulating them.

The garbage dump idea is good, but it shouldn't be a resourcesink for waste, just a way to move the source of pollution away from the main base. Actually removing the waste would be better represented by some energetically costly recycling process.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Coolthulhu wrote:Poison capsules produced from waste should release pollution back somehow.
It doesn't really make sense that you can distill pollution into poison capsules that are pollution-free and can't just distill it to the poison inside capsules without encapsulating them.
Well it makes logical sense, but imo it will not have any influence, because pollution in the wilderness will decrease quite fast.
Coolthulhu wrote:The garbage dump idea is good, but it shouldn't be a resourcesink for waste, just a way to move the source of pollution away from the main base. Actually removing the waste would be better represented by some energetically costly recycling process.
Yes the main purpose would be to move the pollution away, but it should also remove some waste, like I said - (very) slowly.
Well some sort of recycling would offer a non-military way to get rid of it, but what are the results? I cannot figure out any results that make at least a bit logical sense.

Coolthulhu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Coolthulhu »

Results? You mean products that can be made from waste?

From what I can read, hazardous waste that is recycled is mostly metals and solvents. Those aren't filtered from air, though.
Scrubbers that filter air remove mostly acid gases, including sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide that can be easily made into sulfuric acid with just water and oxygen as other reactants.

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

Coolthulhu wrote:Results? You mean products that can be made from waste?

From what I can read, hazardous waste that is recycled is mostly metals and solvents. Those aren't filtered from air, though.
Scrubbers that filter air remove mostly acid gases, including sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide that can be easily made into sulfuric acid with just water and oxygen as other reactants.
I like the idea. I added this to mine

Code: Select all

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "extract-sulfur",
    category = "chemistry",
    energy_required = 10,
    enabled = "false",
    ingredients =
    {
      {type="fluid", name="water", amount=10},
      {type="item", name="toxic-waste", amount=5}
    },
    results=
    {
       {type="fluid", name="sulfuric-acid", amount=5}
    }
  }
feels a little op, I am thinking about increasing energy requirements a bit

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Imho landfill = expansion with just a train stop and a lot of chests.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] Anti-Pollution-Mod v0.2.0

Post by drs9999 »

Just uploaded an updated version.
Additions in short:
Waste can be used to produce poison-land-mines (which are quiet powerful) and sulfuric acid can be made out of it.
Also destroying a chest that contains waste will release pollution into the enviroment, the amount depends on the number of waste that was inside it.

Enjoy!

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Deathmage »

drs9999 wrote:Yes I thought about water as an ingredient, but I then decide not to do it, because in the end water is for free (apart from the initial building-costs for pump and pipe) so compared to the actual implementation the only difference is that the player have to place another (maybe annoying) pipe through his base.
But maybe some other ingredients, like coal(-dust)?

@Deathmage
It produces CO2 already, but it is released directly into the enviroment :D
Just kidding, any ideas for dry ice uses? The point is that I want to avoid situations where you sit on tons and tons of useless stuff.

Anyway it is just 0.1.0 - there is plenty of room for improvements and expansion. Suggestions are always welcome!
It could be used as a industrial coolant or as a fog/smoke bomb, that could for example maybe disable biters/spawners or just be for being ninja'ry. Just an idea.

ronon101
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] Anti-Pollution-Mod v0.2.0

Post by ronon101 »

get this bug when i try to load a world with the AP mod and its the same if the mod isnt in

Error while running oninit: ...Roaming\Factorio\mods\Anti-pollution-Mod.zip|control.lua:64: Unknown item name (cokery)

Return to “Mods”