Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Regular reports on Factorio development.

juliejayne
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by juliejayne » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Landmines are not OP in themselves.... the issue was that they were sprinkled like confetti throughout an enemy base. The most OP item was the PDL of Anti. These personal lasers were faster and more powerful that static lasers... illogical.

Alivo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by Alivo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:35 pm

krasa

User avatar
<NO_NAME>
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:52 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by <NO_NAME> » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:35 pm

I like the server room. This boiler right above the hardware - brilliant.
I am a translator. And what you did for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

User avatar
Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by Xterminator » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:37 pm

I actually greatly enjoyed this Friday Facts! Always nice to see some "behind the scenes" pictures of the office and the team. :D Hopefully the new larger office works out well. I look forward to seeing it!

It's great the PvP event was mentioned here. I think there is a lot of potential for Factorio PvP challenges or production challenges even if that isn't the main focus (and it shouldn't be). Some changes to things to balance it out is really good. The landmine change helps a bit, but honestly it was still nearly impossible for me to spot the landmine thanks to the ground doodads and foliage. I guess the player could just turn those off though. :P
juliejayne wrote:Landmines are not OP in themselves.... the issue was that they were sprinkled like confetti throughout an enemy base. The most OP item was the PDL of Anti. These personal lasers were faster and more powerful that static lasers... illogical.
I disagree and agree. Landmines were pretty OP because they were so cheap and easy to throw down and were completely invisible. Like sure, the PLD wrecked the players initially, but then even after they drove Anti out they couldn't rebuild because it was just a constant death loop from landmines. Made it really unfun to play.
I do agree though the PLD for PvP is super overpowered as it is now. Not only does it fire faster and do more damage (I think?) than the actual laser turret, but you are able to use it really early even with portable solar panels and some batteries. If a fusion reactor had been required, Anti's strat would not have been nearly as overwhelmingly powerful. Or if it didn't 1 or 2 shot you.
Image Image Image

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 7:46 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by noliVe » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:44 pm

i always sugessted that behind the scene. it gives such a warm feeling watching you guys at work

but i am dissappointed a little in that WuBe Software Sign above the chart.

Sure you invest money in the right way but you should consider a small competition "desgin a nice Wube Logo" for some free tshirts as a price maybe

there are great designers out there

User avatar
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 558
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by Kayanor » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:47 pm

noliVe wrote:but i am dissappointed a little in that WuBe Software Sign above the chart.
That's just the sign from a event they attended.

User avatar
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by steinio » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Why not make landmines attacking everyone and not only the enemy. This will force a more considered placing.
Image
Transport Belt Repair Man
My little mods: Link | My favourite mods: Bob's Mods | Angel's Mods | Yuoki Railway Core | EvoGUI | Logistic Train Network
Factorio Cheat Sheet by Denis Zholob

View unread Posts

User avatar
madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by madpav3l » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 pm

15 landmines by my count

Edit
Spoiler image with landmine positons.
Last edited by madpav3l on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jump
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by Jump » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:54 pm

madpav3l wrote:15 landmines by my count
17

Edit: never mind, 15 is correct. I've counted the part of the rock on the top left, and on the left of the player as well. Looked like a mine from a distance.

User avatar
commandoby
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by commandoby » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:08 pm

18 ?
Factorio - a game in which we play for the villain.
Image

User avatar
Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by Drury » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 pm

How visible are the landmines in a desert?
Image

User avatar
thecatlover1996
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by thecatlover1996 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Did anyone else notice that the whiteboard behind Klonan says the following?

FFF Schedule
1. PANIC

Hilarious. :lol: Love the pics of the office :D

YotaXP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by YotaXP » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:21 pm

I worry that the land mines will be far more visible on some terrains (sand) compared to others, putting some teams at a disadvantage.

FatMcK
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by FatMcK » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:39 pm

What is this cylindrical chrome thing standing next (right side) to the toaster? It seems to be too small for a water boiler!? :lol:

User avatar
HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:07 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by HanziQ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:46 pm

FatMcK wrote:What is this cylindrical chrome thing standing next (right side) to the toaster? It seems to be too small for a water boiler!? :lol:
That's just a small kettle.

User avatar
Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by Sigma1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:46 pm

I lost it at the triple keyboard setup in the server room :P
My mods can be found on my homepage: https://sigma-one.gitlab.io/
They include nuclear and military stuff right now.

User avatar
Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 3:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by Jon8RFC » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:11 pm

That was really interesting to see what the office is like, so thanks for sharing!
Image

CrushedIce
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:52 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by CrushedIce » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:14 pm

But where do kovarex and slpwnd work? :o
Do they have a fancy CEO office? :D

DanGio
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #234 - Office pictures

Post by DanGio » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:15 pm

juliejayne wrote:Landmines are not OP in themselves.... the issue was that they were sprinkled like confetti throughout an enemy base. The most OP item was the PDL of Anti. These personal lasers were faster and more powerful that static lasers... illogical.
PLD was buffed some time ago, because VS biters, they were too weak. Makes sense : biters are billions :)
I don't think they need to be nerfed back in the base game. Although, their DPS could be reduced in options when starting the PvP match, but that's up to the host.
Last edited by DanGio on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users