Friday Facts #205 - Teaching the things that everybody knows

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #205 - Teaching the things that everybody knows

Post by Jap2.0 »

Suggestion for another mini-tutorial: blueprints. I saw this post and thought that it would be perfect for a mini-tutorial.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Ormek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ormek »

How to log in.

I just noticed that when I asked Factorio to update my mods, I had to log in. The only information I got was "User Login / Name / Password". It took me some time and the forums to figure out, where/what I had to log into. I still could not name, what I did log into.

At least add an indicator to the website that contains more information about "How to create a account", "What you are creating an account for", "How to change the password", "What you gain by being logged in."

Ormek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ormek »

You might like too look through the "Not a bug" forum. Most things user report that are eventually not a bug to you are based on missing explanations.

My personal example is: [0.13.8] Circular Belt gets stuck when getting filled. (Actually: Circular belts stop when full). Which, of course, you will never be able to explain to me ;)

TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheRaph »

I enjoy to figure out how things work, therfore I love Factorio.

So informations like "how to use a steam engine" is fine. But how much steam engines I can feed with one boiler should be in the hands of the player to figure out. Likewise other informations.

I know that some player don't like to figure out complicated things like wire network, if they do not REALY need it. So there should be a scenario wich explains the basic and then give a goal to finish the scenario which generates the need of knowing that stuff (e.g.sort things onto belts in a specific order). The the needs to be a goody for players who have finished that ... maybe achievement or unique item.

Return to “News”