Some info from moderator sight.
There are hundreds of ideas around nuclear energy.
Take alone this search: search.php?keywords=nuclear&terms=all&a ... mit=Search
48 matches/threads so far.
And this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5
contains 96 matches with the word "nuclear". ( search.php?keywords=nuclear&t=5&sf=msgonly
I know most of the threads and what continuously comes is this:
- Nuclear energy needs a somehow complex process to get the "fuel". Something which heats the water. Uranium processing. More ores. See also viewtopic.php?f=80&t=189
New Types of Resources (Gold and Diamond...) / New Ores
- More realistic kind of water heating: Changing the aggregate (Water -> Steam), such stuff.
- Water circulation: The water as medium for energy transport is not wasted in the steam engines. Instead it can be cooled and reused and you spare some energy. This kind of technique is useful in the time before nuclear power, too. I think to a turbine.
- To built this all up you need a very high advantage compared to steam/solar. Otherwise you won't built this. Why is there no need to do this? The current best idea above this is some entity, which needs more and more electric power, about 100-1000 time more, than a current "standard" factory. Impossible to built this with solar. The new technique - that needs so much power - spans from energy for the space platform or rocket to energy for underground mining (which makes new ores also much more interesting), complex ore processing and much more.
- Many want, that running a nuclear power plant is not very stable process (like steam and solar), cause they want to have explosions. Either explosions of the pipe network (dangerous handling such a hot fluid and pressure) or dangerous handling of the kettle with the nuclear stuff in it. Which has a high chance of pollution of course.
- Which leads to the last point (which is more or less my own idea): Running a nuclear power plant can be "optimized" / being made really safe by using circuits. It works of course. But to get out the last 10-20% you need to check things automatically, control pumps and valves, beeing alarmed and so on.