Friday facts #95 - 0.12 Release today

Regular reports on Factorio development.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Friday facts #95 - 0.12 Release today

Post by ssilk »

hitzu wrote:What if to hide rail sleepers under the pavement?
I like the look of that.

It looks for me, as if the train isn't allowed to drive so fast in that area. Which makes sense, gameplay-wise.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Are items on the edge of a curved belt still slower than on the inner side?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nova wrote:Are items on the edge of a curved belt still slower than on the inner side?
Nope - that bug was fixed. To dismay of some - I'm glad it's gone :)

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

I would love to see a feature in Factorio that would let me slow down the assembly machine and assembly machine outputs.
I have assembly machines that are spitting out way too much product of a certain type, and I cant seem to control the output speed, which is seriously clogging up my belts,
which then prevents other items from other assembly machines going in the belts from moving on and supplying other machines and structures.

Having a way to control an output of assembly machines or any other machines, would let me have more control over production.
For Example : [copper coils] I should be able to tell the assembly machine to output (1) copper coil every 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes or every 10 minutes.
This way copper coil wont clog my belts and halt production that has other items heading to its destination.

Another idea I have is called Linking.
basically, you can tell a machine to link with another machine and it will watch that machine, factory or assembly machine to know if it needs a product.
And if it does, the copper accumulator will spit out another copper coil as needed.

I would also like to have a feature of Underground wire piping, so I can run a wire from my base to (for example) a mining machine.
And be able to turn off or on the machine with a on or off switch from my base, if there is too much mined items coming in.

And another Idea regarding the entire Game Map.:
I would love to have map levels. - (sorta like Guild Wars 2 building map levels) where you click on an icon that shows 4 levels, and you can switch level view and go to that level.
Where you can be able to change map level to view ground level, underground level. So people can build tunnels under main ground level.
This would be useful for those who love to have train tunnels underground, and be able to actually view the entire level under the main ground level.
The train would then be able to go at ground level and underground wherever the player makes the slopes to go to and from above ground.

Here is an example : - Look at the botton right corner of the picture. you will see 3 small triangles. which changes view level of map and map level where you can actually go to.
Last edited by Cooolaid on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Cooolaid wrote:I would love to see a feature in Factorio that would let me slow down the assembly machine and assembly machine outputs.
I have assembly machines that are spitting out way too much product of a certain type, and I cant seem to control the output speed, which is seriously clogging up my belts,
which then prevents other items from other assembly machines going in the belts from moving on and supplying other machines and structures.

Having a way to control an output of assembly machines or any other machines, would let me have more control over production.
For Example : [copper coils] I should be able to tell the assembly machine to output (1) copper coil every 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes or every 10 minutes.
This way copper coil wont clog my belts and halt production that has other items heading to its destination.

Another idea I have is called Linking.
basically, you can tell a machine to link with another machine and it will watch that machine, factory or assembly machine to know if it needs a product.
And if it does, the copper accumulator will spit out another copper coil as needed.

I would also like to have a feature of Underground wire piping, so I can run a wire from my base to (for example) a mining machine.
And be able to turn off or on the machine with a on or off switch from my base, if there is too much mined items coming in.
Most people use a separate belt for different items.

Otherwise you can use smart inserters and a timer to ensure limiter output

Belgak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Belgak »

Why will my game not update????

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Belgak wrote:Why will my game not update????
http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

Belgak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Belgak »

FishSandwich wrote:

I have my game set to download experimental versions. So i would assume that it would have done it, but ok. Thanks you.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Belgak wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:

I have my game set to download experimental versions. So i would assume that it would have done it, but ok. Thanks you.
that's been disabled for windows because issues™

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

One thing I would like for the creator of Factorio Game to do is.
Place a confirmation popup when deleting a Saved World.
Pressing Delete Save instantly deletes it, but if you mistakenly misclicked on the wrong Saved World, you're basically screwed.
It just happened to me. There should be a confirmation popup when deleting a Saved World.

AMV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AMV »

What's wrong with the light? And for some reason concrete road doesn't show on global map if drones build it.
Hope this is right topic for this.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

AMV wrote: What's wrong with the light?
There's a "lights render quality" slider in the graphics options.

Legoman165
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Legoman165 »

Soo, new trailer soon? maybe when you get space stations working? I just think the current trailer is too outdated to accurately depict the current game, and it might bring some new folks to the game. I know i will share the new trailer around if u guys make one!

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

AMV wrote:And for some reason concrete road doesn't show on global map if drones build it.
Make sure that the map has been updated by either walking nearby or having it scanned by a radar.
I know this doesn't likely cause the issue, but that's how troubleshooting works: Start with the easily testable.

Stickman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stickman »

Cooolaid wrote:One thing I would like for the creator of Factorio Game to do is.
Pressing Delete Save instantly deletes it, but if you mistakenly misclicked on the wrong Saved World, you're basically screwed.
It just happened to me. There should be a confirmation popup when deleting a Saved World.
Please just pay attention to what you click?
I tried snorting coke once. The ice cubes got stuck up my nose.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Stickman wrote:
Cooolaid wrote:One thing I would like for the creator of Factorio Game to do is.
@Stickman - @Cooolaid does have a point there - it's far too easy to delete the wrong save
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Stickman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stickman »

jockeril wrote:
Stickman wrote:
@Stickman - @Cooolaid does have a point there - it's far too easy to delete the wrong save
It's impossible for me to delete the wrong save because I don't click a bunch of stuff without paying attention.

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

Stickman wrote:
jockeril wrote:
Stickman wrote:
It's impossible for me to delete the wrong save because I don't click a bunch of stuff without paying attention.
It's impossible for me to delete the wrong save because I don't delete saves. I have almost 5 GBs in compressed save data.

Stickman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stickman »

LOL

:mrgreen:

I have a couple dozen, yeah. 8-)

JosephBones
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JosephBones »

When do we get the mail to validate it as Steam game ? I will trust officially the game when i have it registered in steam

Return to “News”