Friday Facts #404 - Frustration not found

Regular reports on Factorio development.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Friday Facts #404 - Frustration not found

Post by FactorioBot »

Hares
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #404 - Frustration not found

Post by Hares »

Unit reporting.
Spiredtron ready.
Moving out!
We've got hostiles!
We will burry them.
Move, move, move!
<sounds of explosions in a distance>

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

More neat changes!
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

SnowZyDe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SnowZyDe »

Very gud

Free_Ham_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Free_Ham_ »

Those changes to how the blueprint grid system works look nice, they might actually convince me to use that system now.

Terrahertz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Terrahertz »

Nice additions, as always. ;)

Maybe pipetting Nests and Worms automatically selecting the next best Grenade would be cool.

TheoMarque
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheoMarque »

Pipette for cables? over copper/green/red cable change to proper tool from hotbar, sometimes i need for rewiring complex electric stations and managing every time to bottom toolbar is annoying. Pipette works only over bare cables over ground.

I would like to see standing power power poles without any autowiring, tte - for example ability to build a bare power pole using any hotkeys before place. Ghosts connect to each other when built.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

being able to copy paste the blueprint grid settings around to other blueprints would be handy as well. Perhaps some kind of "inherit from book" setting.

You know for those people who like their block based designs and don't always end up starting aligned to the grid they saved in their libraries.

Nightmare Sky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nightmare Sky »

I would like to add the ability to zoom in on drawings in the drawings window. When you use huge drawings, and you need to remove some kind of traffic light, it is not even visible in the preview of the drawing.

Fratal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fratal »

The one thing the RTS remote is missing is a way to control formations, for example tight grid, spread out grid, and split.
Tho maybe this would be too powerful for abusing the biter ai.

Potatoman967
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Potatoman967 »

pipette? pipette pipettes? pipette-ception :o

also someone said something similar, being able to disconnect power poles before they're placed would be great. saves having to disconnect then reconnect with what i need

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

About grid positioning in blueprints: I always tried (in vain) to drag the red flag in the blueprint to move the center to where I want it. For me, this is the most intuitive way to adjust the position while being in the blueprint editor. Isn't that possible to implement?

Brambor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Brambor »

With these changes, an RTS (Real Time Strategy) in Factorio can be made! Imagine having blueprints for "unit production" "gold mining" "towers" etc. Then RTS could be a vanilla Factorio experience!

Edit: it has been discussed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... atest_rts/

Junorus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Junorus »

Moving a central flag on the blueprint should be a thing as well.

I would also love to see option to zoom in when creating blueprint.
Pipette from blueprint to add something to it.

BoxWithoutATop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BoxWithoutATop »

Really cool update again! The QOL features will be greatly appreciated, and I can't wait to try out all the new features.

One suggestion I do have is: Why not make the spidertrons selectable by color? If I have a big pen that I put all my spidertrons in when I'm not using them, and each one is color coded for the type of upgrades and other things it has, it would be really useful to be able to select all of them of a specific color to make sure I grab the right set for the task I am trying to do.

As an example, suppose I have 25 spidertrons that are full of missiles, and another 25 are for building, and there are another 25 that have nukes in them. Being able to select all the green ones (nukes) in one simple motion as opposed to selecting all of them or manually selecting each one from the swarm could be really useful, especially in an emergency situation.

Or if I have my building spidertrons scattered across my base, going into the map and grabbing each one manually to bring them closer to some other major project would be a nightmare. I know the new RTS Tool stores groups of spidertrons, so you could potentially just keep one controller per color group, but adding new spidertrons to each group, rebuilding groups if you lose a controller or accidentally reassign the tool, and other tasks could be made a lot simpler if you could assign an RTS Tool a color, and it would just control all the spidertrons of that color.

Dial-up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dial-up »

You can also save selections on the quickbar, so you can control your favorite group of pals at a moments notice.
there is clearly a lack of a corresponding “color marker” on the remote control itself
Can you think of any other places pipette would make sense?
yes, the Cursor Enhancements mod adds quick crafting by ctrl+q and recall last item by shift + q. this is what I like. but more often I use quick crafting, for example, as in this fff, I took gears into my hand, then I can quickly craft them via ctrl+q and immediately place them in the car, or if during construction I ran out of manipulators, then quickly craft them
Last edited by Dial-up on Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bullipatty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bullipatty »

i don't know about "RTS tool", referring to gaming categories ingame seems strange to me. the tools functions reminds me of the commander interface in BF2 and commander is a common term in RTS games, so why not call it something like commander tool/remote, command panel or something?

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Calling it the 'RTS tool' is a bit absurd, but otherwise these are good changes. Great, even.

Dial-up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dial-up »

Easier blueprint grid adjustment
wow, you fixed it, I wanted to do this in one of my next mods but now I can rely on the community that implements features from part 2 in the current one :D

husnikadam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by husnikadam »

QOLs are nice, but aren't exciting. I just hope that the devs are pushing out all QOL stuff first and once they run out of them they will post content FFFs (rather than the update and expansion being mostly about QOLs)

Return to “News”