Friday Facts #386 - Vulcanus

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #386 - Vulcanus

Post by mmmPI »

MeduSalem wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:53 pm
I hope it will just require different amounts of fuel; because that is much easier to manage... just wait until the Rocket silo is filled with fuel and launch.

If it would be different load capacities it is going to suck big time because then every planet has its own ratios for transporting items to the platforms for absolutely everything. I wouldn't want to have to look that sort of stuff up on the wiki every time.
I may be wrong but i was under the impression that it would be "different load capacity". And that there was a function in the future new combinator to spare player the trouble of going to the wiki and hardcode some value. I thought it would be comparing 2 quantities, instead of asking : is this quantity is full ? As you could use the future combinator to tell you "100" iron plate in say Nauvis, or maybe "75" or "125" for the same input if it is placed in a different planet when asking for the "rocket capacity" which is a mode for it.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

MeduSalem wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:53 pm
Koub wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:11 am
[...]
I hope it will just require different amounts of fuel; because that is much easier to manage... just wait until the Rocket silo is filled with fuel and launch.

If it would be different load capacities it is going to suck big time because then every planet has its own ratios for transporting items to the platforms for absolutely everything. I wouldn't want to have to look that sort of stuff up on the wiki every time.
Maybe with the Rocket capacity mode on the selector combinator described here will the automation be simple. I assume it's the right tool for the need.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

PrinceDest1ny
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PrinceDest1ny »

Those graphics are fantastic, however the dried sulfuric acid pools are definitely more trypophobic than I'd like...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

PrinceDest1ny wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:10 am
Those graphics are fantastic, however the dried sulfuric acid pools are definitely more trypophobic than I'd like...
TBH it's something I actually like, that sense of uncanniness and disturbance. It reinforces the feel of "alienness".
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “News”