We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:31 pm
Yes it is as important to know casualties as well as 80% of those were killed not by US Apaches but by taliban Apaches.
And of course you can confirm these words from a source not affiliated with the government media?
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:17 pm
enterisys wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:31 pm
Yes it is as important to know casualties as well as 80% of those were killed not by US Apaches but by taliban Apaches.
And of course you can confirm these words from a source not affiliated with the government media?
Last time I checked the source I linked wasnt related to russian military media.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:15 pm
The fact that the United States has shown that it can affect the work ICC threatening its employees with sanctions. Can we still hope for an independent investigation?
Emphasis mine.

Can you point this out? The article you linked before merely said that the US was threatening the ICC, not that the ICC actually cowed to these threats.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

That isn't answering any question at all, you already tried to avoid this one by bringing in the topic of ICC :
mmmPI wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:51 pm
3) STILL No explanation about the relation of this aid and the increase of the price of steel since 2021. ( increased earlier than the war, skyrocketed due to Russia blocaking Ukraine export port and bombing steel plant in Ukraine ? )

I think you should send a letter to president vladimir putin to adress your concern about the steel price, it's unrelated with EU aid to Ukraine, maybe it has to do with the economic sanctions, but you said earlier in this thread that the westerner put sanction on russia for no reason, just because they demonize russia. That seem like another contradiction in what a human being would have as a reasonning. But it makes more sense if you consider a paid-troll that aggressively copy paste low quality article link with no filter or context.
Because your original post about the steel prices increased blamed it on the AID from the EU, the 1 billion in loan. I told you that not only the EU is source of AID, and that the AID was not the cause of the price rise.

Now the economic sanctions against russia is different than aid to Ukraine.

EU does more by taking sanction since their economy was more connected to Russia than say USA who didn't import much from russia and instead are sending weapon to ukraine.

European steel prices surged back to a record as Brussels prepares to ban imports from Russia as part of more sanctions, threatening to further tighten supply.

Benchmark rates for hot-rolled coil in northern Europe jumped 10% to 1,435 euros ($1,583) a ton on Friday, according to weekly data from Kallanish Commodities Ltd. Prices for rebar also rose to a fresh all-time high.

New measures banning finished Russian steel products from entering the European Union are expected to take effect soon and traders have hiked prices as they brace for reduced supply. The EU is a key market for Russian steelmakers -- most of which are owned by Russian billionaires -- and officials are trying to further pressure Moscow following the invasion of Ukraine.

The market was already dealing with the loss of Ukraine’s exports, normally the fifth-biggest supplier to Europe. Sky-high energy costs have also disrupted operations at some mills on the continent, curbing supply.
This is the article you posted yourself. And from your own explanation you do not personnally incur any cost since you only increase your prices to your customer :
Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:17 am
What makes you think it makes me angry? I do not care. My company's products have a fixed percentage of profits. And we will raise prices and people will pay them. And if I don't have enough money, I'll raise the prices even more. And if someone has questions why prices have risen, I will give the phone number of politicians.
But in the next election, I will vote for politicians who think about my country, and not how to curry favor with the United States and will helps Ukraine with humanitarian aid, not weapons.
Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:21 pm
You can support Ukraine, you can not support Ukraine. But in reality, all the people of Europe will definitely pay for sanctions. But I don’t understand why I should pay for the death of Ukrainians.
Basically, the fact that the prices increased is caused by the invasion of russia who first reduced european supply by targeting ukraine's production and blockading its export port, and it further increases because of the sanction taken by EU in order to stop the invasion attempt by hurting russia economy.
I don't understand why you say you have fix percentage of profit and you still pay for the defense of Ukraine. That is contradictory.
That has nothing to do with the ICC care to explain why you started posting article on Afghanistan suddenly ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:22 pm
and it further increases because of the sanction taken by EU in order to stop the invasion attempt by hurting russia economy.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/special-r ... ference/#x

18:00

Biden do not think so.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:20 pm

Emphasis mine.

Can you point this out? The article you linked before merely said that the US was threatening the ICC, not that the ICC actually cowed to these threats.
Can you show the decision in the case against american soldiers?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:32 pm
mmmPI wrote:
and it further increases because of the sanction taken by EU in order to stop the invasion attempt by hurting russia economy.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/special-r ... ference/#x

18:00

Biden do not think so.
You posted the original article i was merely reformulating. You still are not answering questions only pikcing piece of text and do cheap copy paste like ayou did in your 440+ post that are all only trolling in this thread, one can click your profile and sees it.

Why would i care about Biden thought on the article you used yourself as justification ?
Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:02 pm

these are the prices I see in the price list of my supplier:

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/european-st ... -1.1740592

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

mmmPI wrote:
That isn't answering any question at all, you already tried to avoid this one by bringing in the topic of ICC :

This is the article you posted yourself. And from your own explanation you do not personnally incur any cost since you only increase your prices to your customer :
Djmixxx wrote:
What makes you think it makes me angry? I do not care. My company's products have a fixed percentage of profits. And we will raise prices and people will pay them. And if I don't have enough money, I'll raise the prices even more. And if someone has questions why prices have risen, I will give the phone number of politicians.
But in the next election, I will vote for politicians who think about my country, and not how to curry favor with the United States and will helps Ukraine with humanitarian aid, not weapons.
Djmixxx wrote:
You can support Ukraine, you can not support Ukraine. But in reality, all the people of Europe will definitely pay for sanctions. But I don’t understand why I should pay for the death of Ukrainians.
Basically, the fact that the prices increased is caused by the invasion of russia who first reduced european supply by targeting ukraine's production and blockading its export port, and it further increases because of the sanction taken by EU in order to stop the invasion attempt by hurting russia economy.
I don't understand why you say you have fix percentage of profit and you still pay for the defense of Ukraine. That is contradictory.
That has nothing to do with the ICC care to explain why you started posting article on Afghanistan suddenly ?
There was nothing asked about biden's opinion, just yours djmixx you are the one who confused aid to ukraine and economic sanction.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:40 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:

Emphasis mine.

I'm sorry, you're the one who's making the claim that the US influenced the ICC. Whether charges were pursued, dropped, found guilty or innocent, there should be something out there. I'm not wasting my time on tracking down your red herring. You made the claim; burden of proof is on you.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:51 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
FuryoftheStars wrote:

Emphasis mine.

I'm sorry, you're the one who's making the claim that the US influenced the ICC. Whether charges were pursued, dropped, found guilty or innocent, there should be something out there. I'm not wasting my time on tracking down your red herring. You made the claim; burden of proof is on you.
Situation on 2021:

https://www.dw.com/ru/mus-ne-rassleduet ... a-59378690

The United States does not recognize the jurisdiction of the ICC
The United States is not subject to the jurisdiction of the ICC. In 2002, the country passed a law on the protection of American military personnel, allowing the use of military force to free citizens of the United States or an allied state detained anywhere on an ICC warrant.

The US also has bilateral agreements with a number of countries on non-extradition of Americans to the International Criminal Court.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:41 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:51 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
FuryoftheStars wrote:

Emphasis mine.

Situation on 2021:

https://www.dw.com/ru/mus-ne-rassleduet ... a-59378690

The United States does not recognize the jurisdiction of the ICC
The United States is not subject to the jurisdiction of the ICC. In 2002, the country passed a law on the protection of American military personnel, allowing the use of military force to free citizens of the United States or an allied state detained anywhere on an ICC warrant.

The US also has bilateral agreements with a number of countries on non-extradition of Americans to the International Criminal Court.
I still can't see the relation with the steel prices. Have you dropped that topic because you realized you couldn't explain with words any reasonnable argument ? just doing cheap copy pasta trying to make it look like it's an answer ?

You still didn't explain how the US not being in the ICC and threatening them will cause the ICC to be biaised against russia and unable to gather facts about the dead people found in Ukraine after the invasion launched by Russia ( which BTW left the ICC in 2022 ).

And also from your own article
После победы демократа Джо Байдена на президентских выборах суд в Нью-Йорке в январе 2021 года временно заблокировал указ его предшественника Дональда Трампа о введении санкций против членов МУС, ведущих расследование в отношении американских граждан. В апреле санкции были сняты окончательно.
Following the victory of Democrat Joe Biden in the presidential election in January 2021, a court in New York temporarily blocked his predecessor Donald Trump's decree imposing sanctions on ICC members investigating American citizens. In April, the sanctions were finally lifted.
This you probably didn't want to register in your brain djmixxxx because you were already told once :
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:09 pm
Ah, and it was done by Trump and his administration, even. Forgive me, but that explains it. That man is a walking war crime.... :P

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:45 pm
mmmPI wrote:

Djmixxx wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
There was nothing asked about biden's opinion, just yours djmixx you are the one who confused aid to ukraine and economic sanction.
The American president say it in clear language to you : "sanctions have not stopped anyone yet." So what are they for? If they don't help stop Russia? Why will all the people of Europe pay for sanctions that do nothing? Why will the people of Europe pay high prices for metals? And that's not the end of the rise in prices. Soon 20% of Russian metal and 13% of Ukrainian metal will leave the European market. This means that it will be necessary to reduce production by 33% and lay off people. Because of the sanctions that do nothing.

And I am understand that main reason is agresion of Russia. But Europe extinguishes this aggression with gasoline.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:50 pm

You still didn't explain how the US not being in the
This you probably didn't want to register in your brain djmixxxx because you were already told once :
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Ah, and it was done by Trump and his administration, even. Forgive me, but that explains it. That man is a walking war crime.... :P
This happens after removing all sanctions. An interesting coincidence.
Britain's Karim Khan, chief prosecutor for the International Criminal Court (ICC), on September 28 said that the court in The Hague would not investigate alleged crimes by US military and collaborating local residents in Afghanistan drew criticism from human rights activists.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:17 pm
mmmPI wrote:

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Britain's Karim Khan, chief prosecutor for the International Criminal Court (ICC), on September 28 said that the court in The Hague would not investigate alleged crimes by US military and collaborating local residents in Afghanistan drew criticism from human rights activists.
Relation to Russia war crime in Ukraine ?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I don't know why you don't answer the question i asked about your own statement :
Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:11 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
I don't care what the president biden says, i don't know why you think he is saying stuff to me, i'm asking you why you said you didn't care in a comment, and then just after complain about the impact of the sanction .
Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:11 pm
The American president say it in clear language to you : "sanctions have not stopped anyone yet." So what are they for? If they don't help stop Russia? Why will all the people of Europe pay for sanctions that do nothing? Why will the people of Europe pay high prices for metals? And that's not the end of the rise in prices. Soon 20% of Russian metal and 13% of Ukrainian metal will leave the European market. This means that it will be necessary to reduce production by 33% and lay off people. Because of the sanctions that do nothing.

And I am understand that main reason is agresion of Russia. But Europe extinguishes this aggression with gasoline.
You should ask the american president ? why ask me , you started making contradictory statement yourself, you said you didn't care, then you said you don't understand why you have to pay for the Ukrainian, confusing AID and SANCTION.

Can you explain the relation between steel prices and ICC ??

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:17 pm
mmmPI wrote:

FuryoftheStars wrote:
mmmPI wrote:

You still didn't explain how the US not being in the ICC and threatening them will cause the ICC to be biaised against russia and unable to gather facts about the dead people found in Ukraine after the invasion launched by Russia ( which BTW left the ICC in 2022 ).

This was the original quote you butchered, i find it interesting that you didn't answer the question on your own statement. You are avoiding the topic, and still not explaining the relation with steel price or why you suddenly switch topic after this one ?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

2016 Russia reject ICC investigation on what happened in 2008 in Ossetia.
https://www.jurist.org/news/2016/11/rus ... leave-icc/
The Russian Foreign Ministry [official website] released a statement [text] Wednesday expressing the government’s decision to withdraw its signature from the Rome Statute[text], effectively leaving the International Criminal Court (ICC) [official website]. In its statement, the government expressed disdain over the ICC’s current investigation into possible crimes [ICC materials] committed by Russian forces in South Ossetia in 2008. The statement also condemned the ICC for its expenditures and alleged ineffectiveness. Russia first signed the Rome Statute in 2000.
2022 Russia reject ICC investigation on what happened in 2022 in Ukraine.
https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Rus ... -0001.html

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Thursday that Russia will not take into account the decision of the International Criminal Court (ICC) ordering the suspension of the special military operation for the defense of Donbass, demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine.

In this regard, he specified that "strict compliance with the decision adopted by the ICC requires the consent and acceptance of the parties involved, Russia and Ukraine", but Moscow denied its participation in the hearings on the matter.

"No, we will not be able to take into account this decision, the international court has such a concept there, the consent of the parties. There can be no consent here, in this case, this is something we cannot take into account," Peskov pointed out.

The official's statement comes after the ICC ruled on Wednesday that Russia must “immediately suspend” the special military operation launched on February 24.
How many times do you think you can use the " USA did it " to justify war crimes ?
I mean the argument is very very weak when you are adressing a EU audience, or the rest of the world, which is much more people, there is very low chance that war crime are deemed acceptable because the USA alledgedly did some.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

People from EU that are proud to talk about voting, i wish you realize you chance you have :
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2022/03 ... 15-murder/
Nemtsov was once the man many thought would succeed Boris Yeltsin until Vladimir Putin was appointed acting president in December 1999. He became a thorn in the Kremlin’s side over the subsequent decade. He advocated international sanctions against Russia’s political leadership. He opposed the annexation of Crimea and demanded an independent investigation into the downing of Malaysian flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine.

In the years immediately preceding his death, Nemtsov was one of Putin’s fiercest critics — and among the most prominent.

For 10 months, the opposition figure was tailed by members of the FSB’s Second Service. These agents stopped following him just one trip prior to Nemtsov’s execution by pistol in Moscow on 27 February 2015.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

I do not condone Russia's actions. But impunity in one country breeds a sense of impunity in another country. If the whole planet showed its attitude to any aggression of any country, Russia would have thought before the attack. But now he has an example of US impunity.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Putin's spokesman admits 'we have had significant losses' and it's a 'tragedy'
https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russ ... eblog-body

Return to “News”