We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

enterisys wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:52 am
Because deep down some part of his brain screams to him that his wrong, but the other dominant part that has been on opioids from all the brainwash for quite some time still wants world to be simplier with nazis in Ukraine, and wants next dose of "fun". Such conflict results in all kinds of emotions.
I wasn't asking the question to you, but i understand you wanted to answer with your hypothesis.

I thought it was going to be something about the press in the west being propaganda again, but it cannot be anymore if you show pictures from western sources that are not all saying the same things. When you do cherry picking and take only the article that goes your way, you can have a bunch of western press mentionning the stuff that Djmixxx previously said was hidden in western press. and that they were not talking about it.

I thought he was angry because there was things he needed us to know that why he posted repeatdly pictures on the forum, eager as he is to disperse the cloud of fog that is obscuring the judgment of the world.

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

Too lazy to look for a link to the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhebSVX0vpg
I hope you will find subtitles.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Russian Soldiers fighting each other, morale doesnt seem to be great.
https://9gag.com/gag/aWg75K6

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Vintors wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:10 pm
Link of lavrov telling they are not invading Ukraine when?
Last edited by enterisys on Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

Vintors wrote:
I thought you said we could not understand Russia's motivations because we are not Russians?
It seems fairly arrogant to support the killing of civilians by thousands and not bother to explain the reasons. Are you just here to copy-paste videos?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Vintors wrote:
what is it ? why do you post it here ?

i have watched the UN security council already
mmmPI wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:25 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHRu_Ou4WI (2hours)
Security Council on Russia allegations of military biological activities in Ukraine (11 March 2022)
I have realized you only provided link to Russian intervention, i guess to make it easier to understand the context.

you are just to lazy to argument in any way, you didn't read probably what was before and just copy paste link so as to "continue" discussion

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

enterisys wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:14 pm
Russian Soldiers fighting each other, morale doesnt seem to be great.
https://9gag.com/gag/aWg75K6
Good to see Russian soldiers fighting fascists!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5U87n96Yw8
Ukraine: Security Council | Org. for Security & Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) | United Nations (Full)

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I just realized that maybe it doesn't sound like it, but the reason i think it is important to know things, and war crimes for example, is not to put the blame, or know who is the most to blame, but only because i think it is necessary for a long term peace that people do not share grievance toward another one after the conflict. Maybe in some case people prefer to burry things and never talk about it ever again. Now if you have one person that think one way, and one another way, that makes it very annoying to try to reach an agreement.

I find pernicious the argument of "you are not using a neutral term to describe the special operation". Who is legitimate to decide how it's called ? So if you do not use the russian diplomat term you are not being neutral anymore ? But if you do, you are not neutral either.

One should refer to it as " the moment when the russian army crossed the border of the ukraine with armed military troops that started to use their ammunition " ? This way you do not label what is happening you are factually describing it. I think it is more neutral than using any of the party's term.

(only analyzing this part of the 2 hours because it was highlighted by an informative user)

That kind of rethoric trick is obvious for diplomats, why even do it and make people lose their time on that ? Who is he trying to persuade to stop using the word invasion or war ?

I'm ashamed as to the little consideration that is given to the UN

Also the saying that the person is not journalist but film-maker is insulting to common sense when another diplomat few day earlier explained that french pro-russian journalist are censored and took as an example a person who is film-maker according to her own word.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Ex Ukrainian military officer interview

Many experts believe that Russia's nuclear weapons are obsolete and in a deplorable state. And the main reason for this is total corruption. How true is this?

The Russian Armed Forces are armed with the most modern Topol-M missiles. However, they have not yet undergone regular maintenance, which is held every two years. The fact is that the Ukrainian state enterprise Pivdenmash was engaged in the development of Topol-M. Since 2014, all ties with Russia in this area have been severed. That is, the missiles themselves may be working, but whether they will fly - no one knows. In addition, plutonium in missile warheads needs to be replaced from time to time. But whether the Russians do it and how regularly is unknown.

Today, Russia does not produce the latest models of nuclear weapons. Therefore, some warheads are quite respectable age - 50-60 years. How effective are they? How can they work? This can be seen only after their application.

A moratorium on nuclear testing has been in place around the world since the 1990s. Except for North Korea, no one is testing nuclear warheads anymore. Even during training on landfills. Given the corruption and disorder in the Russian military, one can imagine the "combat capability" of their strategic missile forces.

You can translate the rest of article if you want.
https://itc.ua/ua/articles/vijskovij-ek ... rozdili-2/

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

Joke I came up with. Girlfriend was not amused:

A Russian soldier is assigned to a group near the front of the training exercise to replace a fallen komrat. He is warned that the training is hard with many death, and the team members are a bit excentric, so he should just try to fit in.

He arrives to a camp of about 10 men and a couple of beaten-up APCs and tanks half stuck in mud. After putting up his tent he walks around the camp. Near the edge, a large man half-naked man is shaving with a knife in front of a broken mirror. Suddenly the recruit hears the scream of an incoming mortar and throws himself to the ground at the same moment a deafening explosion rocks the ground. The man does not miss a beat, just keeps shaving as pieces of dirt rain from the sky.
"What is up with that guy!?" the recruit says.

"This is just Ivan. In this camp, fear is like a foreign language. We just do not understand it."

Later in the afternoon, they have started a campfire and everyone has settled down. The recruit can hear the sound of a heavy engine and assumes they are keeping the fuel in the tank from freezing. To his surprise, he sees the tank slowly moving but not on its own power. Behind it, he sees the outline of a tractor. He has been warned about this: The Ukrainians are steeling with arms and legs. Trying to make an impression he jumps up while loading his rifle and loudly screams: "I will shoot that nazi pig!".

"Sit down komrat". A man is pointing a gun at his chest and everyone is just looking at him disapprovingly. "In this camp, the tractor is Jesus. Nobody knows the day or hour, and its coming is the only thing saving us from hell". The man spits in the direction of the front and the recruit sits down, understanding the implication.

He understands morale is not the best and makes peace with just finishing his rotation in a month. It is now dinnertime and the men put a pot over the fire. Suddenly one of them says Potatoes!!, and everyone begins to laugh. Puzzled the recruit asks the guy who nearly shot him before. He wipes tears from his eyes: "In this camp food is an inside joke. Outsiders just don't get it!"

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Fucking legend predicting invasion in 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHq9xCTyQU

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

I heard some russian people were concerned with AK's being issued to Ukraine's militias yet russian troops leave newest tanks for Ukrainian farmers.
https://9gag.com/gag/avA1N85

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

Wow.

I mean you gained my respect by publicly speaking against cancel culture but now this public declaration to stand with Ukraine. Do you know they literally have Nazis in their military fighting right now? That's not russian propaganda because I've already seen that on german TV 5 years ago way before this current war.

edit: They must have really scared you after that tweet.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Nexarius wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:06 pm
Do you know they literally have Nazis in their military fighting right now?
Been discussed quite a bit already. Check the last several pages.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

there are nazi in the russian army too, even syrian war criminals

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:22 am
Just because there are nazi in other parts of the world too doesn't change the fact that by supporting ukraine you are supporting nazis.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

This is one of those things that frustrates me about these types of threads/discussions. You just finish discussing a topic with someone, then someone else comes along to start it all over again without actually reading any of the past stuff.
Nexarius wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:53 am
Just because there are nazi in other parts of the world too doesn't change the fact that by supporting ukraine you are supporting nazis.
I’d ask for proof/argument, except others have already beat you to it, and anything you give, I’d just give the same responses I already have and I have no desires to repeat myself.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Nexarius wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:53 am
mmmPI wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:22 am
Extremly ridiculous argument. It's called guit by association : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

I'm insisting on that because if you took the time to read the previous pages you would have realized it's explained already.

Premise: A is a B
Premise: A is also a C
Conclusion: Therefore, all Bs are Cs

Let's do in another way, there are christians , jews, muslims, russians, roms, LGBT, smart people, women, men, children, elderly, kids, toddlers, in Ukraine

Therefore in supporting Ukraine you are supporting life of humans being.

But maybe you prefer to support the guns, the rifles, the tanks, the bombing of hospital, the starving of population, the use of violence and threat to obtain political recognition, the targeting at civilian infrastructure, the killing of journalist, the cold war 2.0 ?

Choice is up to you

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:12 am
This is one of those things that frustrates me about these types of threads/discussions. You just finish discussing a topic with someone, then someone else comes along to start it all over again without actually reading any of the past stuff.
Yeah that's when people have something to say, but no time to hear, i have observed it is sometimes self-fueled, people keep saying their stuff without listening, then they stagnate because nothing enter their brain, they keep saying the same things and get less and less attention overtime because people get bored. But from their point-of-view it is accepted as the norm of communication, they do not listen to others, no-one listen to them, doesn't prevent them from yelling their opinion repeatdly.

Then you can pretend to be such person, just to have an excuse to spam certain content. People will think you are idiot but will not suspect malicious intent. It allow too create noise around certain talking points that are shifting away the focus.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/insid ... in-ukraine (24min)

If one is interested in meta-discussion about the media and the conflict. It help understanding the hard work done by the journalist that are covering the attempt at invading Ukraine made by the russian military.

Spoiler alert ! It contains people using the word "war" to describe what's called a "special operation" in the russian state-owned media

Return to “News”