Friday Facts #431 - Gleba & Captivity

Regular reports on Factorio development.
FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #431 - Gleba & Captivity

Post by FasterJump »

ColonelThirtyTwo wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:13 pm
To be honest, I find the pulsing and undulation of the "tamed" nests and new lab to be uncomfortable and sickening to watch. I hope someone can make alternate graphics for them, because I can't imagine making an entire factory of them.
I was also surprised to see that the endgame lab was 90% organic(by volume). I'm not bothered by the graphics. But would this organic lab fit the Nauvis production chain, thematically? Also there is no explanation why science can be processed by a machine (normal lab), and why processing it by a big alien blob organism make it more efficient. I would rather imagine that that a new lab would be at least 60% mechanical (by volume).

So close to the release, the mechanics are here to stay, but it's always possible to work on the lore / flavor text or the graphics.

That's no big deal anyway, I think it's fine how it is.

computeraddict
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by computeraddict »

I'm either going to really love this or really hate it, and I'm not sure which yet

Necronium
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necronium »

GregoriusT wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:04 pm
EustaceCS wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:04 pm
7 Factorio 1.0 science packs. + 4 planet-specific from new planets.
But biolab showcase features 12 types of science packs.
Or I'm getting colorblind due to old age...
The 12th Type MIGHT be the spoiled bioscience pack
12th science is endgame science as white is in current version of Factorio

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doktorstick »

FasterJump wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:32 pm
But would this organic lab fit the Nauvis production chain, thematically? Also there is no explanation why science can be processed by a machine (normal lab), and why processing it by a big alien blob organism make it more efficient.
How does a normal lab do it's labbing? :D Maybe the bio one is something-something-neural-substrate-something-something. We know it has some intelligence, even at the instinctual level, since it "knows" when to pop out more biters.

Brother Matthew
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Brother Matthew »

Thank you devs

For always being so transparent and enthusiastic about sharing factorio with us. You inspire me and I appreciate it more than I can put into words <3

bugboy2222
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bugboy2222 »

oh that animation is disgusting... I love it

Rebmes
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rebmes »

First impression, this looks awesome, makes sense, guess you saved some time and resources to fix up whatever was sagging, which turns out to be Gleba?

Very excited to get into it all, and thanks for the heads up for the media embargo ending soon lol I don't think I need everything "spoiled" before I even play!

CPU_BlackHeart
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CPU_BlackHeart »

making the enemies less crazy
Saw this, please include a clause that if you select to play on Death World, the Gleba enemies keep their "craziness" whatever that could be. Many of us don't exactly know what these enemies are supposed to be like, and I enjoy a challenge. Makes the military technologies actually feel useful when you have to utilize them quite a good bit.

Return to “News”