Factorio: Space Age is here!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
angramania
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio: Space Age is here!

Post by angramania »

yogsosoth wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:45 am
I cannot buy it without steam for now. Tried both Humblebundle (multiple times) and Gog. I could not finish the purschase
Same here.
Also humble bundle has the following statement: "Factorio: Space Age is provided via Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. A free Steam account is required.". But I do not want steam version.

yogsosoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by yogsosoth »

vinzenz wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:17 pm
Razorlance wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:15 pm
Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:49 am
brunzenstein wrote: ↑
I cannot buy it without steam for now. Tried both Humblebundle (multiple times) and Gog. I could not finish the purschase
Simply download directly from the developer page
There does not appear to be a direct download for Space Age as there is for Factorio :(

The payment redirect to humblebundle by default.
I have a similar problem, I bought via the Factorio website, it gave me a humble key to upgrade my Factorio account, and then nothing, no sign of the DLC anywhere, no download option. I have the game upgraded 2.0.7.

I've email support for help but haven't heard back yet.

You should be able to enter the code here https://factorio.com/profile and then access it on https://factorio.com/download
In the hope this might help someone else.
I could finally buy the website key. The main issue was related to my email address (I use a self-hosted domain) that made humblebundle buy fail.
I tried later to buy using a gmail address and via paypal. This could finally work.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:20 pm
You should be able to enter the code here https://factorio.com/profile and then access it on https://factorio.com/download
Yeah I entered the code already, is the download on that page different to upgrading the version I have already installed to 2.0.7?
The download has all the space-age content, updating just gets you the 2.0 base game
bringing the oops to devops

wizcreations
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wizcreations »

I would love to know the statistics of how many copies sold each of the first 24 hours following release!

And for anyone who is in to this sort of thing, a Mod Request: bring back the 1.1 Spidertron motion

Lorenzo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lorenzo »

wizcreations wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:47 pm
I would love to know the statistics of how many copies sold each of the first 24 hours following release!
Yes, me too. Alway intersting to get some insight.

The Steam DB charts show some great nubers.
https://steamdb.info/app/427520/charts/

Erichteia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Erichteia »

Lorenzo wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:53 pm
wizcreations wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:47 pm
Yes, me too. Alway intersting to get some insight.

The Steam DB charts show some great nubers.
https://steamdb.info/app/427520/charts/
And keep in mind that plenty of people are still working/asleep. So I think you can triple the number

Razorlance
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Razorlance »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:43 pm
Yeah I entered the code already, is the download on that page different to upgrading the version I have already installed to 2.0.7?
The download has all the space-age content, updating just gets you the 2.0 base game
I downloaded the game again from the download page and installed it, still don''t see any mention of the DLC.

If I go to the mods and search for 'space' I see mods that require it but they have a message next to a link saying 'space-age' saying

'This mod is required, but is not active'

So I don't think I have access to the DLC.

angramania
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by angramania »

Looks like raising jolly roger is the only option for me to play SA today. It is disappointing.

Razorlance
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Razorlance »

angramania wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:37 pm
Looks like raising jolly roger is the only option for me to play SA today. It is disappointing.
You and me too... :roll:

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

If you are having trouble purchasing the game please get in touch with us at support@factorio.com, it is difficult to track individual cases on the forums.
ovo

Razorlance
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Razorlance »

Sanqui wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:39 pm
If you are having trouble purchasing the game please get in touch with us at support@factorio.com, it is difficult to track individual cases on the forums.
Yeah I already have about an hour ago, just waiting on a reply.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:13 pm
Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:43 pm
I downloaded the game again from the download page and installed it, still don''t see any mention of the DLC.

If I go to the mods and search for 'space' I see mods that require it but they have a message next to a link saying 'space-age' saying

'This mod is required, but is not active'

So I don't think I have access to the DLC.
Most likely you downloaded just the base game and not Space Age from the Website

kitters
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitters »

The next step is determining the price for other regions. When you submit a game to Steam, Valve automatically suggests prices for local currencies in other regions. You have the option to change these numbers at will, but a suggestion is made. It's unclear how exactly these suggested prices are determinedβ€”likely a combination of current exchange rates, regional sales trends, and other factors. (Valve did not respond to our request for comment.)
Regional pricing... Seems like developers in general trust Valve's methods to maximaze profit. So, I express gratitude to Factorio developers, who agreed to Valve's suggestion and allowed me to buy a game for 12,5 $ instead of 35 $.

Razorlance
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Razorlance »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:43 pm
Most likely you downloaded just the base game and not Space Age from the Website
So if I don't see a link for the DLC download and I still see a button to buy the DLC, does that mean I don't have the DLC and somehow bought another copy of the base game?

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:42 pm
Sanqui wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:39 pm
Yeah I already have about an hour ago, just waiting on a reply.
me too. I could not figure out how to download space H from the Factorio site.
Please devs. let us now how do It

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by picklock »

Congratulations and thank you.
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

kitters
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitters »

Do I get it right, I can disable Space Age in Modes and play Factorio 2.0?
And I also can add or NOT add quality modules and elevated rails to Factorio 2.0 without Space Age?
But can't play Space Age without quality modules?

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:45 pm
Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:43 pm
So if I don't see a link for the DLC download and I still see a button to buy the DLC, does that mean I don't have the DLC and somehow bought another copy of the base game?
Yes that means that the account you're logged into factorio.com with doesn't own space age. Please message support@factorio.com if you bought the base game twice. After buying from the website you get a link to the humble website with a upgrade key which you need to enter on factorio.com/profile to upgrade your account with the space age ownership.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

kitters wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:07 pm
And I also can add or NOT add quality modules and elevated rails to Factorio 2.0 without Space Age?
You can play Space Age without the quality modules if you never research the Quality technology. You can't launch space-age without the quality mod.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Congratulations on the launch. Will get myself into a little later. ^^

Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:12 pm
kitters wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:07 pm
You can play Space Age without the quality modules if you never research the Quality technology. You can't launch space-age without the quality mod.
You could do that, but the temptation will be too high if you have the research sitting just there. Resistance is futile. :>

Return to β€œNews”