Friday Facts #418 - Space Age release date

Regular reports on Factorio development.
PapaDrom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #418 - Space Age release date

Post by PapaDrom »

The 'DLC' isn't a stand alone game at $35 though right? Anyone who becomes interested based on these features would have to buy both titles together for $70? - and if they do - would they than need to successfully launch a rocket in order to access the Space Age part of the game? I've played the game a lot in my opinion but I never seem to play into the end game on each of my play sessions, I've never launched a rocket. Would it even make sense to invest in Space Age if I never technically got through the initial game. I don't really mind the price of the game since I know the developers are elite tier and that this won't even be the end of it, so much more to come! Love this team.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

PapaDrom wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:10 am
Would it even make sense to invest in Space Age if I never technically got through the initial game.
Rocket launches will be way earlier and cheaper with the expansion, if it's for you will depend on if the features interest you.

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

PapaDrom wrote:
The 'DLC' isn't a stand alone game at $35 though right? Anyone who becomes interested based on these features would have to buy both titles together for $70?
Such a person should, in my opinion, first try the demo, then the base game and only then consider the expansion.
would they than need to successfully launch a rocket in order to access the Space Age part of the game?
In a way. The way to get into space is rockets, but with Space Age active they'll be blue science; see the middle of FFF 381 and the second question of FFF 382.

PapaDrom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PapaDrom »

Nidan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:42 am
PapaDrom wrote:
The 'DLC' isn't a stand alone game at $35 though right? Anyone who becomes interested based on these features would have to buy both titles together for $70?
Such a person should, in my opinion, first try the demo, then the base game and only then consider the expansion.
would they than need to successfully launch a rocket in order to access the Space Age part of the game?
In a way. The way to get into space is rockets, but with Space Age active they'll be blue science; see the middle of FFF 381 and the second question of FFF 382.
talking sense here - that would totally be the way to go
will do! Thanks for the insight!

kullero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kullero »

how about the gog release? Will new space age game release on gog as dlc. Or do I have to get it on steam, and buy basic game again in full price? Or can I transfer my game from gog to steam and get the new space age addong game dlc thing?

Return to “News”