Friday Facts #417 - Space Age development

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Rick Bardock
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #417 - Space Age development

Post by Rick Bardock »

Complexity and resource intensive is exactly what I like though, it's exactly why i keep returning to this game. I even had to play in hard mode and add Bobs mods suite to increase the complexity even more. Thankfully your game gives us the options to do so. I do however understand repetitiveness from planet to planet though. I personally will greatly welcome the new rails system. I know that if you were to introduce NPC civilian that has to be micromanaged, this game would more-so turn into another Sim City clone, which is not your aim. but it could help the game as a whole become something wonderful. Factory Automation design as a whole is of-course a much more fun concept.

But, maybe integrating an NPC civilization somehow wouldn't be so bad. the bugs defiantly need some improvement, as for as character development perhaps. If i could find the mods for it, I would gladly make the enemy bugs, Tyranids and we are a hive city trying to overcome them, haha, far fetched I know. I know there's plenty of mods for it already, but a more advanced system for controlling tanks and troops vs the bugs would be cool. more complex formations of bug structures and NPC factions. things to overcome with our tech trees, Etc... Enough rambling, thank you for this update as a whole, I for one would happily purchase the expansion! Image Image

Locane
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Locane »

@kovarex It's awesome we're working on optimizations!

Have you been able to try out the Global Tick Time Scaling mod to see how it looks on a fast monitor?

Maybe while we're doing optimizations, we could make it easier for mods like GTTS to operate for people who want that?

Specifically, even just helping things out like the speed of the flashing icons would really be amazing.

Thanks for everything you guys are doing - I'm really excited to pay for 2.0 and do another run with my friends 😊😊😊

hecktarzuli
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hecktarzuli »

GregoriusT wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:07 pm
Loewchen wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:58 pm
hecktarzuli wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:47 pm
The last photo doesn't make sense. With beacon overload having that many beacons around silos should disable all of them (or something)
It's almost as if beacon overload does not exist without mods...
I think the diminishing returns from a previous FFF were what this is referring to, which indeed would not shut it off entirely, but it does fix the Issue of huge buildings being way too beaconable.
Yeah I read the post wrong/too fast. I was thinking overload was a-thing, but no it was just describing a different mod's approach to the problem.

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

Such a troll at the end. Very well then, I don't have to wait to read the next one since I am reading this a few weeks later!
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

Return to β€œNews”