GitHub here: https://github.com/Oarcinae/FactorioSce ... e/dev_0.17
Some details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _scenario/
New 0.17 changes:
1. Option for vanilla type spawn system.
2. RSO removed - no more reliance on RSO for balance. Vanilla enemy spawning should be well balanced now.
3. Config file improvements. Create any of your own starting resources, even modded. Easier map-gen-settings setup.
4. Option for randomizing the starting resource placement a bit.
5. Info button/GUI allows admins to ban or restart players if required.
6. Fixed some old outstanding issues like abandoned bases not being fully deleted sometimes.
----------- Old 0.15/0.16 post below ------------------
Hello fellow engineers!
Awhile back, I was looking for a mod or scenario that would allow players to have individual starting areas in multiplayer. I asked around, searched the forums, and found several others asking the same questions. The only real answer I ever found was the spacebook mod which was, for me, a bit overkill. (The mod looks amazing, I just wanted something simpler for myself and the players who join my server.)
So I decided to make my own scenario...
Here's the good stuff:
https://github.com/Oarcinae/FactorioSce ... layerSpawn
To use it, you just put the scenario into your own scenario folder. I recommend creating a new game via single player first to generate a map. Save that and host using the save file. You don't get map generation options if you skip that step and immediately start a multiplayer game I think?
How it works:
1. When you spawn, you can choose to join the main base, spawn somewhere else, or spawn somewhere else on your own force (team).
2. All teams are neutral. I'm only interested in PvE CooP.
3. You can choose a near spawn or a far spawn. Near spawns you somewhere on the edge of the currently generated map. Far spawn puts you 1000-6000 tiles away from the center.
4. Each individual spawn has the basic resources (water, trees, coal, stone, copper, iron, oil). Enough to get you started and all the way to trains for sure.
5. When you die, you can choose where you want to respawn (either the main base, or your individual spawn).
6. All spawn points are created with safe areas around them. I turn off enemy expansion so that safe areas stay safe for the most part.
How it actually works:
It seems to have gone over pretty well on my server. I host a dedicated server most of the time, some of you may have joined my previous vanilla servers. So far I've gotten pretty good feedback. Made some changes to improve things (like adding the gravestone soft mod) by request as well.
Let me know if you have any questions. I just wanted to share this scenario that I've been having quite a lot of fun with. I think it's stable enough to share (I've hosted 2-3 games spanning about 50+ hours using this scenario).
Oarc | 0.14.X | US-East | Wilderness Spawn
(Also posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _scenario/)