A magnetic storm has sent your fleet crashing on an alien planet.
As you recover in the ruins of old factories, you learn from your radio signals that the other survivors have started fighting over resources to get back into space.
It is up to you to collaborate with other players, or beat the crap out of them.
When you join in, the game asks you to join one of the four available teams: Red, Yellow, Blue and Purple.
The fours factions are hostile to each other by default, but a menu allows you to change your relationships with other teams.
A few easter eggs are spread throughout the map. Finding them usually gives you an edge on other players, or sometimes just a good laugh.
A few details to take into account:
- Every pre-existing entity is neutral, which means biters won't attack them, and any player can pick them up.
- Doors won't open for players of any other team (even neutral). Keep this in mind when designing train stations.
- Wooden chests don't have locks! Any player from any faction can open wooden chests.
- Every railway equipment apart from locomotives are always neutral (this, combined with wooden chests, allows for easier trading).
- Changing your relationship with another faction is unidirectional, which means you need to agree with other players if you do not want them crushing your inactive turrets with a tank.
Instructions to launch your own server:
- Download and extract archive to your factorio scenario folder (make a directory named "screnario" at the root of your factorio folder if it isn't there yet)
- Launch factorio and start the game from Play>Custom Scenario>PvP_Ruins
- Save your game.
- Start your multiplayer game from the save file.
You may change the third line of PvP_Ruins/control.lua to enable debug mode, which allows having the team_switch, diplomacy and teleport gui available simultaneously and forever.
- More easter eggs.
- Contextual narration when discovering new locations.
- Upon dying, the player is replaced with a chest holding most of their inventory.