[1.1.6] Crash when loading save (Entity::setup)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
jaybles169
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.6] Crash when loading save (Entity::setup)

Post by jaybles169 »

I've been playing this save all day. Had a few crashes (usually my OS locks up); when I tried to load the save after the 3rd crash within 15 minutes or so, the save would no longer load properly. I tried the previous save, no luck. I tried loading with no mods, no luck as well. Only mods I was using were QoL mods like Vehicle Snap, CreativeMod, CopyPasteModules, couple others maybe. One thing of note was that I did load the save fine one time after a crash, then my computer crashed less than 10 minutes later and I was no longer able to load the save after that, nor the previous hour's save.

I had this same issue maybe 5 hours earlier when I was moving around some smelting setups. I don't think I was using blueprints; mostly copy pasting previously built set ups. I thought at that point it might be an auto save issue so I turned off auto saves and started keeping new saves every hour or so. I'm not sure if the save itself is being corrupted so I'm a little afraid to keep loading old saves.

Let me know if more info is needed.
Attachments
1.1.13_backup_185h.zip
Ignore the save game name, I had started this play-through during 1.1.3
(62.42 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(858.73 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
factorio-current.log
(10.4 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.6] Crash when loading save (Entity::setup)

Post by boskid »

I am moving this to "1/0 magic": there was one byte in the saved file that was wrong - transport belt at {-3799.5, -121.5} had wrong force id. In attachment is the fixed save file. Please make sure your PC is stable and does not have memory issues because corrupted save files are not fun to deal with.
Attachments
93783-1.1.13_backup_185h-fixed.zip
(52.73 MiB) Downloaded 103 times

jaybles169
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.6] Crash when loading save (Entity::setup)

Post by jaybles169 »

Thank you, very much appreciated! I will look into my potential memory issues.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”