[0.11.18][cube] intermittently unable to click on item

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.11.18][cube] intermittently unable to click on item

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

Sometimes I can't click on items to pick them up or click to put items into an empty slot. This also affects canceling construction of items in the build queue. When this happens the item under the cursor isn't highlighted (white box) like seen below. I run the linux x64 version.

How to reproduce
1. Set tooltip delay to maximum (500ms) and open a game where there are items in the hotbar.
2. Move the mouse cursor from outside the hotbar area onto an item and let it dwell for a bit and let the tooltip pop up.
3. Move the mouse cursor over another item and look to see if it's highlighted. If the new item is highlighted go back to step 2 (it may take a few tries). Notice that clicking on the unhighlighted item won't pick it up and the tooltip is still for the old item.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.18] intermittently unable to click on items(tooltips?)

Post by slpwnd »

Interesting=) Tried to reproduce this for a while but without a success. Could you maybe post the save?

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

It's unfortunate that you couldn't reproduce the problem. I've been encountering it on a regular basis. I know it wasn't an issue in the past (mid to late 0.10.x versions) but I haven't really played much with the 0.11.x releases before 0.11.18. I have a save but it's just an unmodded starting game. Watch this video paying close attention to the highlighted item. I'm clicking on the stone furnace while the burner mining drill tooltip is up but as you can see nothing happens. After taking the mouse out of the hotbar I successfully click on both items. I've been able to get it to happen without a tooltip coming up but it seems to happen a bit more reliably waiting for the tooltip.

I'm not sure what other information would be useful.
config.ini contents during video
factorio-current.log for the run with the video

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I'm also unable to reproduce it (windows), so maybe cube can try it on linux :)

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Arumba07 had this issue running in a MP series with 3 other guys. Can't remeber the video they report this, I think it's beyond the video 15 of that series. But it was on an older patch.

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I just did a test on an old copy of Factorio (0.10.12) and I can reproduce it on that version. I'm pretty sure that I would have noticed it on that version previously so it seems like an interaction between Factorio and something else like a library. The only hardware change since then is a newer graphics card (a Geforce 750 Ti replacing a Geforce 240 GT). As for the software side of things I'm not sure what all has changed other than graphics drivers ( 340.76 vs 304.117).

suprnova74
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.18][cube] intermittently unable to click on item

Post by suprnova74 »

i think i have a similar issue and it turns to system-wide while factorio is running once it manifests. left or right mouse clicking is essentially disabled while this occurs. I'm using 0.12 stable. It seems to occur when i first start the game up and happens for the first few minutes and then resolves. It's not often but it does occur frequently enough for me to warrant searching the bug reports. I'm not sure if it's a combination of using Windows-D to goto desktop or just a timing issue that resolves the issue but it does eventually resolve. I'll try to figure steps to recreate it.

The environment it's running on is Windows 7 32 bit, Dell Latitude 6430 laptop.

It does go away and seems to stay away for long periods of time. If i close factorio the issue immediately disappears which is why i'm leaning towards a factorio-caused issue.

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.18][cube] intermittently unable to click on item

This bug doesn't affect me anymore.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”