[0.17] Ctrl Click tutorial problem

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
EnerJi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17] Ctrl Click tutorial problem

Post by EnerJi »

Not sure if this is a bug specific to 17.72, but I've run into an issue. I crafted a box and tried to shove all my coal in there using Ctrl-Left click. It did not work (nothing happened). I experimented with a few different keybindings in case I had forgotten the correct binding, but nothing worked.

I decided to painstakingly transfer all my coal over one stack at a time and worry about it later. This then triggered the game to offer me a mini tutorial focused on items or stacks (great idea, btw, teach players as they go). I'm new to the game so I decided, sure, let's do the mini tutorial and maybe I'll learn something new.

Unfortunately, the tutorial is asking me to use Ctrl-click to transfer all stacks of a particular type, and it once again is not working. There doesn't seem to be a way to cancel out of the tutorial, so I'm going to have to reload to a prior save.

Suggestion: In addition to fixing this possible bug, I recommend there be a way to cancel out of the tutorial (for issues like this or simply if the player decides they no longer want to complete the tutorial or agreed to do the tutorial by mistake or whatever.)

Thanks.

Edit: I feel silly. There is a way to quit the tutorial from the "ESC" menu. It never occurred to me to look there until I went to quit the game and reload. (I almost hard quit the game, in which case I never would have seen the "ESC" screen and never would have seen the possibility to quit.) I'm new to the game and perhaps don't have the "muscle memory" to always check the "ESC" screen. Know I know, but the developers may want to keep my experience in mind as they make the game friendlier to new players...

P.S. I'd like to finish that mini tutorial one day, assuming my Ctrl-click issue is resolved. It would be nice to have a menu somewhere that shows the available mini tutorials. Perhaps this menu could differentiate between the tutorials I've already seen and completed, and those which I have not yet seen.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17] Ctrl Click tutorial problem

Post by Klonan »

I split this from the release topic

Can you provide a copy of your config and log file?

Ctrl click does not work at all in any situation?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I vaguely remember someone had issue with Ctrl not working when they swapped it with some other key in macOS Settings, we were not able to reproduce it and I don't remember if we managed to solve it somehow.

Anyhow ... did you swap Ctrl with some other key in macOS?

EnerJi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EnerJi »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:28 pm
I split this from the release topic

Can you provide a copy of your config and log file?

Ctrl click does not work at all in any situation?
1) Running macOS 10.12.6 on a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro. It has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1024 MB of VRAM.

I have attached the config file, but I noticed I needed to redact the user directory path. Not a huge deal, but is there a built-in script or function that automatically performs that redaction in the future? It would be nice from a privacy perspective.

2) Ctrl-click started working again for inventory manipulation, which is quite puzzling. I had to quit soon after I noticed it working again. I just loaded up my save and did some more testing, and everything seems to be working perfectly. I'm sorry I can't reproduce it.

If there's a way to get back to that chest tutorial, I can try loading it up and seeing if the tutorial now works as well.
posila wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:39 pm
I vaguely remember someone had issue with Ctrl not working when they swapped it with some other key in macOS Settings, we were not able to reproduce it and I don't remember if we managed to solve it somehow.

Anyhow ... did you swap Ctrl with some other key in macOS?
No. I've made no changes (as far as I can remember) to the default keybindings at the OS level. My Ctrl key is working fine (I use Ctrl-left arrow and Ctrl-Right arrow to switch desktops, for example.)

By the way, below are the relevant factorio inventory-related Ctrl shortcuts as shown in my settings:
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 8.22.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 8.22.30 PM.png (113.58 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.8 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Return to “1 / 0 magic”